Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
ubblol
another thread descends into smuttyness

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
the big fleshy parts that hang off my chest? they're kind of like this big hoop barrier... i mean, i can sort of get it up to my hand, without killing it, but that involves moving my hand in a way that i cannot move said lumps of flesh....

but i will keep wiggling in lack of other advice tongue biggrin

tho other is appreciated.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
My problem here is I can't really give you much advice as I don't have much in the way of said fleshy parts hanging from my chest. Getting the hoop up past my pair of fried eggs is easy biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
mine really arn't large! but for some reason its enough :/
great, people say i have small ones, *and* i find it hard to do things because of them(like not wearing a bra. very painful). is there no justice?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ok well the only advice I can offer you is that as you do the wiggle to move the hoop up make sure when it gets to the fleshy area you do the upwards motion bit when the hoop is in contact with your back. Do a shoulder dropping motion as the hoop hits your front so that when it reaches your back it is in contact with a slightly higher part of your back each time....... not sure I put that very well........ did that make any sense?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean, kind of, in terms of where the hoop should be. but not how to get it there... or quite how shoulder dropping plays into it... bother. stupid words!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
There's really nothing I can say in the middle of an in-depth conversation about Kyrian and Skully's breasts that won't get me in trouble.

I'll just politely wait til the subject changes.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
This may sound silly but when i was trying to learn that trick my circus trainer just sad boobs in boobs out and i thought she was crazy but i keeped trying it and eventualy i was able to do it.

jane

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
how did I miss all these bosoms?

ok, to lift it from your waist to above your head in one go aim to move your hand straight up (avoiding said flesh) and turn at the same time.

does that help? hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Molly I think we are trying the gradual raise of the hoop from waist to up above the boobies without lifting it with the hand.... well thats what I thought we were aiming at.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
aha!
lack of tea strikes again, but I am better equipped now.

waist to boooosoms and beyond...

I'd approach that with scoopy thoughts in mind, which I think is what Skully was saying before. So (this is all worked out at my desk with no hoop or sizable bosoms to hand so take it with a pinch of mammary) I think maybe it's kind of like when the hoop is trying to escape down your thighs and you don't want it to, so you drop down a little by bending your knees and scoop the errant hoop up with your bottom. But at the other end of your body...

*pause for thought*

so when you have the hoop just under bosom-level, it rolls round to your back and you bend your knees a little or whatever to make you lower in relation to hoop and when it comes round the front again drop your chest to be under hoop and stick it out to scoop it up.

it'll probably give you horrid bruises though so take care hug

we gotta get some funky names for hoop moves so that we can be like the other cool kids and then have philosphical arguments about what's what and who's where and when and stuff.
can we?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*quotes NYC*

umm

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oh Dear God Noooooooo. No Techie terms and pages and pages of arguements on whether you need to tilt your hip an inch to the left or right or its not called a :insert any stupid name you wish to call your move:

I've already all but stopped going into the poi moves forum because of threads like that. They never make any sense to me and just leave me feeling like I never want to pick my poi up again. Lets stick with vagueness and words like 'wiggle' and 'scoopy jiggling'. Don't let the tech heads take over hooping I beg you! I want the love of the Wiggle to stay fun!

I vote the most tech term we ever use for hooping is 'shiggling'. Who's with me?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
well, as long as you girls keep talking about boobs, i'll keep reading the hoop thread. smile

Love is the law.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I have a picture of staffy steve hoola hooping in a white mini skirt!!

over the booooooooooosums, Yes, i agree its hard, thanks for the advice.

Now who's for learning the 10 beat reverse btb btl isolated inverted hoopaloop
or the wiggley - giggle

I'm hooping at bristol next week smile
then I'm moving to a place where I can really stretch my hoop the week after
yippeeee

2 hoop windmill and reverse cross follow are proving a bit tricky for me at the moment smile

smiles
Drew

"Made by transagram - where the fun comes from"

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I have a beautiful picture of you hooping Drew... xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
how about shooggling?
and waggling

ooooo, I DO need a furry bee hoop so I can dance the waggel dance of the honey bee biggrin
there's some incentive for me smile

would two people hooping together in one hoop be shaggling? eek

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
don't stretch your hoop Drew!
It'll be all oval shaped and then you won't be able to hoop anymore...

you'll have to egg instead!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Glåss

2 hoop windmill and reverse cross follow are proving a bit tricky for me at the moment smile

smiles
Drew

The shot heard around the world.

The first step in the path of "GeekHooping".

biggrin

Show me some hoop atomics by next EJC. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
bitch slaps the bad boys for ruining hooping with tech talk

Don't make me come after you with the axe boys! NO TECHIE HOOPING! Hooping is about wiggling, jiggling and feeling all uber sexy. Its not about maths, physics or any of that other uber boring stuff you boys insist poi-ing is about!

Molly keep that bad man under control and I'll nail Drews feet to the floor and put some gaffer tape over his mouth. That should stop them biggrin

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
nonononono
think wiggley thoughts and reapproach the problem

we'll just take the two of them dancing biggrin ubblove
and if they keep talking tech then we turn up the music and wiggle more!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oh.... but I was looking forward to nailing Drews feet to the floor

drops the hammer and 10" nails back into the tool box scowling

No fair!

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
why don't you nail the hammer to the floor sweetie smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Do I use Drews foot to hit the nail?...... would that not hurt him?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Molly keep that bad man under control

I can't win. frown

Fine, let's go back to your breasts.

Carry on.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
BTW, if you are into hooping, I'd check out In Motion With Michael Moschen. He does a 1 and 2 hoop routine using metal hoops. A lot of isolation work and other interesting stuff that I haven't seen many people doing.

Between contact juggling, hoop stuff, bounce juggling, s-shaped staff twirling, and a little club swinging, pretty neat variety of stuff in that video. I believe I've seen the video for it at a couple of the online juggling stores.

Shawn

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
ooooh oooh! Just discovered this thread as I havn't been online in months!! Hello all! Yay for a HOP hooping thread! One of the girls in my circus got me hooked on them and now I can't stop trying to figure out new moves (thanks Jane!)
Weeeeeeeeeee! We have some photos of our fire hula hoop on our web site https://www.wisp.house.cx
check out the gallery.

-Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Where can you get metal hoops from? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
skul was right, and i like your explanation miss mols. doens't mean i can actually do it tho... whenever it even sort of gets above my daily-shrinking bosom it sort of falls to the ground with a clatter within a second or two....

of course i have the worlds uber-cheapest lightest plastic hoop cause its what i could find.....'

perhaps i really need to invest in something that weighs... anything....

of course i suck in general... but i can do it indoors smile and wiggling is fun, even if i look like an idiot...

i see all these girls looking so great doing it and im like, hmm, like, in three years.. maybe... or maybe i will always look like an idiot!

and yes, hooping is about math too, so is dancing, but you can ignore the math too and just ubblove

much better most days, maths gets all hard when i'm tired and its not like *any* of them can apply their physics to actually being good hoopers biggrin so you win anyway ubbrollsmile

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
!!! Springfeild! I must meet up with you at somepoint shawn.... i used to go to raves there a lot, and to hang out with the umass juggling club up in northampton.....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Page: ......