Page:
Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
I know most people will have seen or heard of tongue splitting before...but check this out.
Freaky Tongues

The US are trying to ban you from doing it...only in the land of the free hey?

oh, and btw...my first post in the Social forum...yay!

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
in that case heres another... but not of me (for some reason i obviously dont make spanners faint).

Non-Https Image Link

so i found this, pic of my mate and his tongue just after he split it.. took him 19days i think in total to completly split it.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trait Of 1112?:
**** off mike whats this a spelling bee?
Knowledge is power, PK.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yeah but in my mind theres knowledge and theres damn out right taking the piss mate!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
the point is:

its the way of life for some people, that is thier journey through life and the way they want to enjoy it and modify their body and life in the way they feel fit.

would you say the same to a eunoch [sp?]

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Let me get this straight:

a fire-spinner going "whats the point of that?"

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Not that I want to open a whole new debate, but then there are grown men who decide to get circumcised and people go off at them for it.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

-Mike

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I had a really bad dream about chisling my fingers off last night.. bad PK

<-- Was still scary tho..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hmmmm. I like this thread.

not cos its freaky, but because i get it.

Personally, body modification is something i'd love to get into in some form or another, but havent yet got the guts up to do it (other than a few peircings.) As most of my body modification happened without my permission, (scars to 65% of my bod) I find there are not that many ppl that are accepting of what nature's done to me, let alone what other people chose to do to themselves.

While the finger chisel guy made me need to take a few deep breathes, in some form, i can still appreciate the idea behind his modification. and i say thumbs up to him! (or, whatever digit is available ) and tongue splitting looks cool, feels cool, so why the big deal? As with any other form of modification, be it stretching, or the humble peircing, or anything like that, yes! there are medical risks involved. Of course there are. And, for a lot of people thats a big part of the appeal.

i wonder, back maybe thirty/fourty years ago, what society thought of people who peirced their ears more than once. or, when the first eyebrow studs started appearing, or nose rings....

Body Mods are more and more accepted today and for that, i'm very grateful. Glad i am to grow up in an age, where I cant be fired because of the metal that i have in my face! but, im still sickened that i may not get a job in the first place because of it.

Hopefully, one day people will not be judged on their looks. Their metal bits. Their race/skin colour / age / gender..... oh wait. Isnt this just an expansion on the Martin Luther King speach?

"I HAVE A DREAM....."

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Mike my answer to your question is that the self harm elements of body mod are just a symptom. Maybe if there are other accompanying symptoms then treatment can be pursued. Also aside from an eyebrow piercing and a couple of tattoo's I may someday get I have never really been that interested in the more cosmetic angle of body mod. When I read BME I am more interested in the ritual section and the more extreme mods. I think if I ever did do any major body mods it would be on parts of my body I can easily hide (no im not trying to make a joke here, I just mean stuff I can cover easily) To me it's more of a personal experience. It's not about expression. There is very few people I would like to know about any such mods I might do.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna agree with Astar here, on a personal level, for me its much more about personal experience, than personal expression. And I'm more likely to do/get done stuff that is not visible to the person on the street.

Just my opinion.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix*:
I had a really bad dream about chisling my fingers off last night.. bad PK
I had a dream about skinning dead bodies and then removing their heads to make they were really dead (AFTER skinning them, though).

Normally, this would alarm most people, but I have completely skinned a dead body in my life (in Anatomy class) and I did remove her head (with a chisel). But I knew for sure she was dead before I started. But the dream isn't significant of some psychotic disorder or something since I've spent enough time around dead bodies that I'm allowed to dream about them. Even if I'd rather more pleasant topics in my dreams.

-Mike

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
try this one MisStix self cast

mike bluecats says have you read restoree by anne McCaffrey?? lots of skinning.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
you guys on a mission to make sleepy time a bad place for me? Bad Lightning there are things I like to stay ignorant to.. these are them

Although speaking of body mods.. I'd like to have my the top of my ears sliced and stitched back pointy - like Spoc.. I know that Cat Man in the states has had his done.. I could be a proper pixie then

I quite like these guys too er.. I'd put to Katzen and The Enigma - but Google has prooved fruitless but have this one..lizard man

I like the whole idea of following what you feel inside you.. I'd have more tattoos done.. I'd loads of vines to start climbing up my legs with flowers and stuff - like nature is trying to take me back or something - but my mum would disown me and I love and respect her too much to do that to her - she can just about put up with what I've got already - she's comign over in June... so i'll wait till July for my next birthday present.. then my back tattoo 'has been there for ever mum - you've just not noticed '

[ 26. May 2003, 22:05: Message edited by: MisStix* ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
EEK!

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
Personally...if i wanted a body modification....
i would turn my ears into cat ears...
and get lasik and then go and buy some cat eye contacts..
wouldn't that rock!?

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I want to be able to still use my body parts tho... my tongue still works. lol

Page: