Forums > Help! > when\'s a good time to change my fire wick

Login/Join to Participate

pilchstranger
18 posts

Posted:
as u all might guess I like fire n I would like to know when's a good time to change ur wicks n hot to tell when there warn out crazy

dont u just love it when ur toys hit ya

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hi Pilch,
There is no standard time for replacing wicks because of the different working conditions every one has.

Basically if they are looking frayed or like any bits of wick might come of then it is best to change them.

Welcome to HOP smile

Blue

ps. Also HOP is an international forum so there are lots of people on here who don't speak English as a first language. It really helps if you can use plain English in your posts rather than txt speak. Also people will probably respond better to your post if you do.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I'd say you'd change em when it becomes an issue of practicality or safety... so either parts of it are going to come off... or the burn time has diminished significantly enough that you feel you should replace them... If they're burning safely then theres no reason to replace them unless you want new wicks! smile

hug

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Two things to bear in mind

1. A newer wick will give brighter flames as the wick is not covered in paraffin or other fuel.

2. Remember to put your wicks out before the fire actualy dyes out as this is when most damage is done to your wicks (when they are burning insted of the fuel)

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

pilchstranger
18 posts

Posted:
thank you mate didnt realise but you will have to forgive my spelling lol
n cheerz mike thats prob wher i went wrong on the second one
EDITED_BY: pilch (1222016325)

dont u just love it when ur toys hit ya