Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > tuesday evening spinning meets in wellington nz.

Login/Join to Participate

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
hi!

from sept 13 the weekly fire spinning meet in wellington (nz - not the other one thats in the motherland (dunc)) are moving from aro park to frank kitts park.

frank kitts park is on the waterfront, super close to te papa. from te papa you would walk along the waterfront towards the railway station.

it usually begins between 7 and 8 and usually finishes between 10 and 11.

bring toys of any description, musical instruments, and your fun shoes. (coz how can you have fun without fun shoes?)

every week! woohooo!

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Oooh, wish I was there with you lot.

Ann (missing Wellie loooots). Saying hi to AJ, Katie, Janine, Elena, Katie and everybody else ...

We'll b spinning 2nite here in Bristol.

xxx

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Sammi...GOLD Member
5 posts

Posted:
Are you guys still meeting regularly? We are a group from Palmy (Massey Uni) and we want to meet with the fire spinners in Welly sometime this year as part of the club's outing. Please let us know what you're up to and if you have any other contacts in Welly that meet regularly too rolleyes

Our email is pnmufc@gmail.com

Cheers

"Self-confidence forms the bridge between capabilities and action"
(Hollenbeck, 1991)

"What do you think about that Gary?"
"Meeow..."

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
hey bro yeah we are still meeting regularly.
it'd be great to hook up.
i'll drop you an email.
massive.

BlkRabbitofInlenewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hello! Are these still happening down in Frank Kitts Park? More specifically, will there be a gathering tomorrow?

Is it a fairly tight-knit, dare I say cliquish sort of atmosphere, or is it fairly friendly to newbies who are interested in coming along, meeting people, watching and maybe seeing about getting involved?

Me and a couple of friends are really interested in coming down, though none of us know anyone in the scene or actually do any performing ourselves (yet!).

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
hey there yeah its on tonite, weather permitting,of course.. but there are always people who turn up even when its wet...
i'd say that there are a few different groups or cliques that do go there, but my cliques the best and most open minded and accepting of new people.. :P -ahem-

nah its all good... come along and you'll most definitely be welcomed with love and respect. smile

look forward to seeing you there.

(i have long hair and wear glasses)

peace,

godavidsonBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
yes, I hope you managed to come on one of the last two weeks when it has not been raining!! wink It is a bit muddy down there now but still good. If you are interested Full Moon Drumming is on Sat 15 May at Jack Illiot Green next to Civic Square weavesmiley cool

Tuesday, Frank Kitts Park, Wgtn

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
full moon drumming was good fun.

fire is warm.

thats good.

godavidsonBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
Howdy

We have started a Fire again after the stupid wet winter months. Gathering starts at 8pm in order to swap and give lessons/tricks to who ever wants them while it is still light, followed by a burn. Still at Frank Kitts Park. Bring toys drums and fuel.

Tuesday, Frank Kitts Park, Wgtn

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh Welli gang
Well I just landed back in Kewi-land yesterday and have done my 1st Fire Night in Orc-hole. Off to Juggle night tomorrow, maybe do a kids Xmas party on Sat and then head out to get me van fixed. I shall surely be in Welli sometime soon, hopefully this year - if not early next and if not then, then deffinately in Feb!!
Looking forward to meeting and hanging out with you Kewicrew. Wondering if anyone has a spare place to crashy whilst im there, as I shall hopefully selling my van shortly
Peas out Ki Ora

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Markeespark(CCC)member
150 posts

Posted:
Hey welly... It was good to come down for a jam!! i'll be back soon..

Kia Ora from the Central City Circus

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
good times, mark.

great to see your crazy styles.

people can crash at my place.

ask.

smile

asdfgqSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hiii
When is the next Welly fire poi meeting?

thanks

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
hiii...

usually on tuesdays at frank kitts park, but i honestly dont know if they are happening because its cold and i work on tuesday nights, so havent been going.

let me know.

smile

happyinmotionSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Just an update on the regular Tuesday meetings, we organise them through:
https://groups.google.com/group/wellington-fire

For the latest updates (i.e. if it's raining and we're all staying in bed). Meet at 7 pm, or when it gets dark in summer.