AlayBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
Hey!

Does anyone know if the sunday evening meetings in the Retiro-Park in Madrid still exist and if yes, can you tell me when and where exactly?

Thx!

Angi

sunny weavesmiley sunny

MyndmelderI am the Monkey King
2 posts

Posted:
Hello.

I'm completely new at poi (tried it once upon a time), but I would like to learn.

If you are willing to teach we could meet up.

Were there is two, more tend to appear...

Let me know what you think.

~Nico

***EDIT***

I'm a dummy... I live in Madrid (in Lavapies), and I'm half French half Gringo.

~N

I will do one thing, and one thing only.
I will do it better than anyone on earth

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Went a couple of years ago and it was rockin! smile Not sure if things are still happening there, I would imagine that short of a crackdown by the powers that be that they would still be going on. If you get a chance you could pop in to the Carampa circus school, they would know and they also have a jam night in their space, can't recall which day though.

Happy trails!
Kyle

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
hey alay..

i went ther 2 years ago and it was fantastic, great..not much of fireperforming, or poiing...but a lot of juggling, diabolo and drumming..calssic circus stuff

we played a sho..with rona,,and they loved it !!

.i have friends in madrid, that know more also the way ..cuase i can-t remeber..if you want i can ask my friends..

suerte en espana smile

josh

AlayBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
first of all thanks for all these answeres!

josh, would be great if you can find out a little more about whats going on here in Madrid. i´m here now for about the next five months and i won´t go for such a time without spinning...Muchas gracias!!

Nico, of course we can meet and i show you a few things, just let me settle down a little bit and, even more important, let me get my poi...they have to be sent here from Austria, there was no space left in my suitcases when i left home...

Kyle, muchas gracias for your tip concerning the circus school, i´ll definitly wanna take a look onto their homepage and maybe even pop into if i have the chance someday

Muchas gracias otra vez a todos!
Angi

sunny weavesmiley sunny

AlayBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
Okay, think I found it today. i went through the park and suddenly i was standing right in front of this monument behind this little artificial lake with drummers, juggling and diabolo playing people and of course also some poi spinning around...guess there i was right wink

Nico, I gonna write you as soon as my poi are here!
Hasta luego,
Angi

sunny weavesmiley sunny

MyndmelderI am the Monkey King
2 posts

Posted:
Very cool!

I haven't been following this thread because I went to France for a time, and just got back yesterday (gotta love really cheap airfare).

Alay, feel free to contact me at any time.

Where and when are the gatherings in the retiro???

I will do one thing, and one thing only.
I will do it better than anyone on earth