Forums > Social Chat > my poi viciously attacked me

Login/Join to Participate

radgirl83newbie
25 posts

Posted:
I learnt a new move last night, not sure what it is called but the right poi was doing a forward circle and the left was kind of in the halo then brought together they looked awesome....however it all went horribly wrong when the poi smashed me in the face...Ive got a cut across the top of my nose which is swollen to twice the size and two black eyes...I never thought poi could be so dangerous lol

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
From your description I believe you're talking about a series of moves called atoms. Yes, that version where one poi is above your head in ceiling plane and the other is up high in a wheel plane is a very pretty pattern....but when it goes wrong, it always seems to lead to both poi coming together and landing forcefully on your face. eek frown

It happens less with practice.

radgirl83newbie
25 posts

Posted:
I see, Id herd of atoms but not ure how to do them....I'll give it a coupld of days then try again...fingers crossed lol

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Ya..it took me literally months, before I developed the confidence with that move to do it lit...

It's best practiced with soft sock or cone poi because it's bound to happen again

and again

and again.