Forums > Meet Others > Heading to Japan in October

Login/Join to Participate

nicolesnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Heya~

I'm a new member of the site, recommended by a friend to find info on fire spinning internationally.

I'll be heading to Japan this October, for about three weeks, and I'd love to spin fire while I'm there. I'll be bringing my rope dart, and I figured I'd head to Yoyogi park in Harajuku and practice there, but I'd love to know where I might be able to go to actually spin fire. Anywhere I won't get hassled? Or is it the kind of thing that I don't really have to worry about, as long as I'm in a reasonably safe area? Tips would be awesome!

Also! I'd *love* to meet fire spinners in Japan! And perhaps, if there's any regular jams or anything, I might be able to tag along?

Thanks a bunch!

~nicoles

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
If you're in Kyoto, there's a group that meets at the point where the two rivers meet.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
[Old link]
Those lovelies, Yuta etc are the ones to hook up with
Shion is delightful too!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ShionFire monkey
72 posts

Posted:
Hi Nicoles,
Yoyogi park in Harajuku is where jugglers come and play every weekend, you get to see many wonderfull juggler/spinner and lots of other entertainment.
it is not good idea to put fire anywhere even when you find it is safe area...especially around tokyo area.
But we are having fire gathering randomly once or twice a month so you can join if you would like to spin fire.
Also there are group of people holding weekly spinning gathering in tokyo every Tue,Thurs night called "Shinjuku-Zatsugidan".
PM me if you have any question.
See you soon!

The force is strong with you

AlannaLPSILVER Member
Soot and Stars
10 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Tokyo from January onward. I do fans and poi. Hit me up, I'd love to come to your gatherings. My name is Sarah and my e-mail address is alannalp at gmail dot com