• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > New Zealand Universities?!

Login/Join to Participate

iceciclecookies
SILVER Member since Oct 2007

iceciclecookies

Very Curious

Total posts: 6
Posted:Hello everyone!
I'm a senior in high school, in the US, and I've been researching different universities everywhere. I'm very interested in going to college in New Zealand, I've looked into Victoria University of Wellington, and it looks promising, but I was wondering if maybe there were any Smaller, maybe Private universities that anyone knew about? Any uni in New Zealand will do, but I'm would be more comfortable in a smaller one.

Anyone have any idea?!

Thanks a bunch!!
Litty

Delete Topic

Basstones
GOLD Member since Mar 2006

Basstones

Do you do the poiz?

Total posts: 530
Posted:If you don't mind me asking, what are you intending on studying?

I am personally looking at studying here next year. Love the sound of the circoarts course.

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Delete

georgemc
BRONZE Member since Oct 2006

georgemc

Sitting down facing forward . . .

Total posts: 2387
Posted:The answer definitely depends on a) what you want to study & b) what parts of NZ you are most interested in seeing while here.
Not all universities cover all subjects (hence quest a) and whether you're a big city kinda person or country kinda person could influence quest b.

I suspect that even our largest uni may well seem small to you!! wink

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Delete

DarkFyre
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

DarkFyre

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs

Total posts: 1965
Posted:I'll suggest Massey University here in Palmerston North.

Otago University may also be of interest.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Delete

iceciclecookies

iceciclecookies

Very Curious

Posted:By the way, circo arts?! woah i've never heard of that actually, but it looks like a lot of fun! haha

Delete

iceciclecookies

iceciclecookies

Very Curious

Posted:Originally Posted By: georgemcThe answer definitely depends on a) what you want to study & b) what parts of NZ you are most interested in seeing while here.
Not all universities cover all subjects (hence quest a) and whether you're a big city kinda person or country kinda person could influence quest b.

I suspect that even our largest uni may well seem small to you!! wink

Well, I am interested in Psychology primarily. (Also interested in: Philosophy, Religious studies, Photography, and Theater.) Yes, I'm an indecisive person tongue
I consider myself a Country kind of person, i love the beach, and mountains, So probably some where in the southern side of NZ- right?

Thanks so much you guys are miraclesss grin

Delete