AnotherCircleBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
Hi,

I'm searching for links, informations, opinions, about breackdown staves, for traveling ! 2 or 3 pieces.

I saw the choice in HOP shop, I would like to have others choices (resistance?).

I didn't seen topics like that, so i create one, sorry if there is another !

Can you Help me ?

Thanks

Nico

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Hi mate,
i put up a brief review of the [Old link]. I love em, because it means that i have a very firm staff (i throw alot, and can't have any wobble) in a compact kit for professional shows. They have an online catalog - here is the relevant page.
Hop have been selling concentrate innercode breakdown staves for a while smile
There is mention of the Mystec breakdown contact staff in the thread for the [Old link], however i can't seem to find any thread for the Myteks themselves.

hope this helps!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll second Benders shout on the Concentrates. I have 3 and I love them. The only minor issue for me is they are very light. A bit too light for nice flowing contact stuff.

With that said I've not seen a break down staff thats perfect. The Concentrates are the best I've come across.

15 posts

Posted:
What about salza's ones ?

Seye when you say light, you mean (in grammes please ^^) ?
If you know the weight of contact breackdown one (review?), I would like to know too, if not I will ask the website.

Thank you a lot for your answer, so now, that's the nowadays choice (the topic is from 2006 ...) :

-Salza
-Fyrefli
-Concentrate (HOP one)
-FlamaAeterna
-Mystec

Uhu ! No idea !

There is another topic here :

[Old link]

EDITED_BY: AnotherCircle (1220809969)

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
I thought that the break down staff HOP orders is actually the Concentrate staff itself. Is it, or simply similar?

I've been looking for a long time while I save up the money to see which one would be the sturdiest staff with no wobble and well suited for contact. While Im not sure how I feel about recommending a different shop's product over HoP's own, I have received more recommendations for the break down contact staff produced by Trick Concepts in Los Angeles. Its the one I've set my mind on getting.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
HoP's breakdown staff is indeed from Concentrate

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
I've played around with someone else's HoP staff and it was a fun, solid tool. It would be nice if there was an option to add extra weight to the ends. It would make contact a bit easier.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

15 posts

Posted:
HOP price : 80 €
Concentrate price : 145 €

Someone can explain this ?

Thank you dudes !!

(one more)
https://www.playjuggling.com/Play.html

EDITED_BY: AnotherCircle (1220824187)

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
Where did you find the price for the Concentrate staff? 80 euro is equal to about 140 Australian and 114 US.

If Im not mistaken, the Concentrate company is AU based, so the 140 might be in AUD, not Euro.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hi AnotherCircle,

The concentrate site currently lists prices in AU dollars - 3 piece innercore staff is listed as $145
there is no mention of euro on there yet.

15 posts

Posted:
Ahaha Thank you !!!

SO I think I will buy this !

Hope this topic will help anybody else ...

See you ! (Clonakilty?)
wink

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey doods, no need to ask for biased advice from a blatant fanboy like me, you can e-mail concentrate directly at
info[at]concentratedot]com[dot]au

will i get my own feline at clonakitty?

Non-Https Image Link

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
I have to use breakdown staffs as i ride motorbikes as my sole means of transport,ive tried various staffs others have bought some of them were rubish some ok. the staff i use is one that i made myself. I got a nice piece of aluminum pole then cut it into 3 equal piecesthe center piece was griped taped up and on one end a locknut was welded in one end and a bolt into the other end, on the two poles left i welded a locking nut into one and a bolt into the other, when twisted together its really firm no movement to screw itself out, and you can balance the weight to suit your needs

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

15 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: bender
will i get my own feline at clonakitty?

I finally understood ... smile

Thanks firechief, your staff dont bend ???

15 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: squidI've played around with someone else's HoP staff and it was a fun, solid tool. It would be nice if there was an option to add extra weight to the ends. It would make contact a bit easier.

So, this is not solid, this is not sticky, this is not weighty for contact ... ... 2 of the 3 can be fixed, but with extra weight the handle curves ! frown

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey anothercircle, if the concentrate staff is not solid, sticky or heavily weighted at the ends enough for your tastes, please tell them. Each version is an improvement on the last breakdown staff they make, but they need to know your needs.

I'm not quite in agreement with your view on the solidness. Are you referring to the 'contact friendly' version of the innercore staff? even with high throws i find the handling to be quite solid - which is pretty neat for equipment that i need to turn just twice to attach each 'breakdown' piece.

b

callan_concentrateBRONZE Member
hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
Hey, if you like we can customise the concentrate 3 piece staff by adding extra weight in the ends with machined plugs. You just have to specify how much weight. We can also put a silicone sleeve over the handle and tube ends to make it better for contact. You just have to keep it from getting in direct contact from fuel as silicone and fuel arnt friends.

hope this helps

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
That's good to know, callan. I will keep it in mind when I am closer to making a purchase for a breakdown. That was really a key issue with me choosing the Trick Concepts over Concentrate in my initial post.

But I have to ask, wouldn't the silicone sleeve be somewhat of a pain to deal with when disassembling the 3 components?

callan_concentrateBRONZE Member
hmmm
14 posts

Posted:
hey Squid sorry for the slow reply. Should have said silicone sleeves as there is a sleeve on each of the 3 sections of the staff.

hope this helps

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey callan, a neat feature i have seen in the past is hemp twine coiled around the staff in a thick band at the end of handles to soak up fuel before they make the handles slippery. kinda like eyebrows for staff handles.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah that actually works really well. When i make staffs i do a similar thing but with a thin strip of Kevlar.
Good for when people are silly and forget to use the drip catching cloth.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

6,978 posts

Posted:
just remember to have the band that traps excess fuel to be in this season's colours. thinks means Pink Camo.