Page: ......
majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
I love my hoops as much as I love poi and staff and I noticed there was a few other hooping hoppers out there. So I thought HOP needed a hooping thread for us to chat about tricks and share our love for hoops. ubblove
I have been hooping for quite awhile now and have mastered quite a few tricks but I still havn't figured how to flick it up off the ground and move it up my legs. I can get it from my knees up but I saw this chic at the a circus and she had the hoops all on the ground and was bringing them up her legs one by one. It looked awesome.
I've got an idea of what I gotta do but havn't quite got it. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on this?
Thanks
ubblovemajik
Happy Hooping! ubbrollsmile

Live, love, laugh and dance!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I picked up a hoop in guildford yesterday...

Matrix and frontside matrix with a hoop feels really nice biggrin I can't do that spin it round your waist stuff but got some nice flowing steping through the hoop with turns using contact staff moves... I think you can jesus a hoop too... now to make myself one biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
hey lovelies... ubblove hug grouphug

can i play tooooo? ubbrollsmile

i only found this hoop hop thread a lil while ago so I've missed SO many pages of hoopiness... i don't think i'll ever catch up... so i'll just join in now biggrin .:*giggle.:*wiggle*:.

just put LOADS more tape on one of my hoops to make it heavier so it's now SO much better to hoop with and an awesome workout too smile*:.

Eveish, are you in brizzy yet? coming to juggle jam tonight by any chance? smile*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
Hi miss pixie hug Can't believe you've never seen this thread...although it doesn't get bumped to often so I guess thats why smile

Flynt gave me pretty sparklies for my hoops today. hnnn so shiney ubblove Can't wait til I get eveything all pretty 'n' stuff!

hug me!

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
heya Pixie -
I am not at juggling tonight, but will be there next week!
Weeeeeeee!
I can't wait to be back in lovely brissy.. and this time, to live for a while smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh wow smile will be lovely to have you round for a while eveish! I'll see ya next week then biggrin

ooooh sparkles .:*:. that's lovely ezz biggrin .:*:. sparkles make everything prettyful! ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hey eve i have been on here ages especally this thread but i don't post a heap.
ok here are my vids for the moment they are a bit old and stoopid but any who
Multi Hooping

Foot Hooping

Garden Hooping

Ok so there are mine .
your turn now eve wink

Blueberry

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
eek clap clap clap eek

Oh My Goodness me..... so how long have you been Hooping?

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
wow that's wicked, just watching that I can see even more saff moves that can linkwith hoops like wall plan righthand to left hand behind the back acoss the elbows... clap cooooool

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Lovely pixie -See you on Monday! hug

Miss Blueberry,
yay for vids.. you are a great wiggler! clap
um we totally have to get together for a play.. I have so many new hoopy tricks that I brought back from Europe -they are yummy and you will want to eat them.. biggrin I am off to Brissy on Monday, will be back on about the 17th Dec for the end of year wisp show and christmas, call me when you have a spare mo.

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
grrr for some reason my computer won't let me watch the videos..plays the music and shows the you tube menu bar thingo and the title of the video but nothing else...soooo frustrating! *grumble grumble grumble*

in more happier hoop news I made 4 new shiney sparkley hoops biggrin

hug me!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol I got the video and no sound...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
wooo new hoops *dances a happy dance for ezz*

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol hahahah you two should hook your computers up and watch it together! biggrin

beautiful hooping miss blueberry!

I'd actually already found your vids on you tube but now know that it's you smile *:.

I have trouble with multihoops... like seperating them and controlling each one where i want them. i think i've just not tried hard enough ubblol... but anyone got tips?

ubbidea having two/three hoops they same wieght might help tho huh? ubblol

3,492 posts

Posted:
hehehehe.... yup... having two hoops the same size/weight helps HEAPS! ubblol thanks for the lend of your special pro gaff hoops Eve! biggrin I actually got a few multihoop things last night i'd never been able to do with my silly slippery wonky all different sized hoops rolleyes

i'll *have* to make up some newwies soon i reckon... well over due for some new hoops ubblove

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
mmm, hoops smile no one in york really does them, thats all i know, my brightly coloured hoop is the only one that ever shows up. its funny watching people play with it tho smile I'm getting better very very slowly, I can actually do it round my chest a bit sometimes now smile and it doesn't fall down very much either... of course, wouldn't you know it, my boy is such a natural at it, but I'm enjoying my learning curve anyway. I still can't get the hang of getting it up from my waist to... anywhere, but I am doing better at getting it down from my arms to my hips biggrin

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kyrian

mmm, hoops smile no one in york really does them,

I thought you wrote "New York" and was about smack you since there are hooping workshops all over The Big Apple.

I guess I'll have to find other reasons.

spank

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
heh, there are always reasons! biggrin

i should really treck up to edinburgh some time when both meg and molly are around and get myself sorted with some new stuff to work on, but that would involve getting organised about something not related to my degree....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
did anyone here about the hoop movie thats supposed to be coming out? its all going really really man stream what with virgin gyms promoting it as well as heart FM. I am not sure if its a good or a bad thing but there are certificates now that you can get to teach hooping!!!! and the courses are lots of money. see the trailer for the movie on here

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
The hoop movie has been "coming out soon" for a long time I think it has been pushed back a lot of times

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
this certainly seems the year for hoop going mainstream... not sure if its good or bad i know of alot of people who are just out for money rather then fun it makes me sad

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Ok so I tried the whole nekkid hooping thing- my hoop was so cold it didn't even get all the way around before I shrieked and threw it down!

I think I need to find some sticky clothes.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

3,492 posts

Posted:
[image]https://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/d83/beb/d83bebbe-35be-40a3-af8a-1288876c4e9e[/image]

3,492 posts

Posted:
ohhh foowy it didn't work.... oh well it was just a banner for WORLD HOOP DAY!!! biggrin 7th July 07 (7/7/7)

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info pixie. I missed world hooping day last year : ( so i cant wait for it this year. I think i'm going to make a world hooping day t shirt and bring hoops in to the office.

Are you a member of tribe.net if so what is you user name? i'll look you up : )
Also have you checked out the australian hoopers tribe. There are not many members yet so i am trying to recrute lots of hoopers. I noticed you were from brissie.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oooh, world hooping day. and what a fun date! (well, minus it being the two year anniversery of a london bombing, but, outside of england it shouldn't be much noticed...)

i'm still trying to figure out how to move the hoop from my hips to over my head. i've even been shown in person, but i don't seem to understand... :/ anyone have any suggestions?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
YAY! That's my good friend Annie!

I'm so happy that her message officially made it around the world.

PLUS it's the date that Molly and I are getting married and we've promised Annie that we'd hoop a little hoop for world hoop day!

You can find more info about world hoop day on her tribe site

Go ANNIE!

Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

3,492 posts

Posted:
heeeee i remeber that wierd wobbley wibbley style doggy thingo at burning man! heeee i was there! hnnnnn! biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Wooooo! made new hooooooops yesterday, all the girls came over and we bought a 50m roll of yummy pipe and constructed so many hoops that you could almost not see the floor!!
biggrin
Oh! and I have a new trick, can split four hoops now smile it feels so yummy. Weeeeee!

World hooping day? that is so exciting! Lets throw an online HOP hoop party!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Hellooo missie Eveish. Did you use 25mm or 19mm?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

3,492 posts

Posted:
hey yeah.... forgot to mention.... evish, we couldn't make the hoop making day coz we had a gig... but i hope you girls had fun!!!*:.

yay for world hoop HoP day! deffinately we should have an online hoopiness going on here! hnnnnnnn!

perhaps even a lil hoop play in a park or something (or of corse a few all over the world) it's a saturday, so maybe a lil hula party thing! hehehehe ubbrollsmile (we need a little hooping smilie)

Page: ......