Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > New Festival starting possibly south wales

Login/Join to Participate

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
hi guys thought this would be a good place to get ideas.

Me and a friend are oragnising a weekend fest for next year in south wales.... Music, workshops, shows etc.

This year is only a small scale the site can hold 200 but its only the beggining. If all goes well we will move to a bigger site in the future.

What we would like to know is there anything you guys would like to see which you think would get more people to come along etc...

Mike and the crew juggle

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Boobies

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol well thats always a plus hopefuly there will be lots of that there

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
Sunshine. sunny

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
always a plus... shall see what we can do if not we will have some big tents to go hide in....

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
 Written by :PyroWill

Boobies

I'm there! biggrin

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
decent toilets!

....a lot of shelter, from hopefully the glaring sun but failing that the rain.

a variety of music, 24 hour psytrance gets on everyones tits after a while!

nice people

a couple of good acts

a couple of live bands / DJ's

booze licence (and therefore the security you are legally required to have to go with it)

other than that I'd say there's not that much you need for a good festival, organised workshops are good as well. It does help if you have a selling point - all renewable energy, enviromental awareness, self sufficiency... something like that!

its too late and I'm too drunk!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
decent toilets and a shower block are already on site provided so yes its good in that respect.

Vaerity of music : We are hopeing for 3 areas, psytrance, open stage and main stage so there will be varity for everyone we have some djs and live bands lined up ranging from rock - to heavy metal - psytrance.

Booze Lisence: We are on the case of that... i am working for a ex member of show and event to organise this festival so should be easy as she used to have a sia lisence and knows lots of people with them.

Workshops: so far on the workshops we are planning to run as many as possible mainly at day time like at play... we already have me teaching there and a couple of others but we are most definatly on the look out for volunteers in this area....

Selling point... well atm we have yet to disscuss this but obvious ones would be live music, workshops, a beautiful site,

with any luck it will be a sell out for our first one and then next year we might move to a bigger site and have to have a serious look at the selling point and advertisement

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
sounds like you've got everything covered.

ohhhh.....

Lots of bins.... seriously lots of bins! You'll be suprised at the volume of rubbish! The more recyling the better, all clearly labelled.

Nope... yet again too late, too drunk!

Hope this is of some help biggrin

biggrin

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
very much thanks.... very any luck things should be ok

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey Mike

Its simon here one of the organisers of the Southern Lights Festival, have you been to our event yet in mid June?

Anyway there are quite a few things you would need to consider, do you have a budget because believe me things cost! my advice is pay proffessional's to do what they do otherwise you risk being let down, and secondly you wont have time to do workshops get other people in for that. If you need to talk about fire shows acts email at simon@flamefireshows.com

And lastly avoid clashing with other events such as Southern Lights and Play that way you will have alot more chance.
Good luck bud

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Hi Mike

I wont ask you if you want a sound engineer as I'm sure you'll have it covered yourself but if you need another techie geek on site I'll probably be around to help (dependant on dates of course).

If you hit any walls in the planning give me a shout. I work on production for all kinds of events and festivals. I may be able to help.

When it happens can we please finally have that game of jolleystick that we'll have been talking about for 2 years. wink

Best of luck buddy.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lmao we will deffinatly have to have it.... we will also need some help on techy geekey side of things lol....