• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Videos > Some new poi elements and horizontal cateye )

Login/Join to Participate

elros

stranger

Total posts: 3
Posted:Some new elements ) i hope u will like it )
Enjoy!

Delete Topic

Mother_Natures_Son
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Total posts: 2418
Posted:Horizontal cateye is nice.... nothing else looks new to me, a few hybrids and some stalls. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

If its in this thread I assume its supposed to be instructional... in that case you might wanna slow down. Combined with the low resolution of your camera it makes it hard to distinguish whats going on without a good effort... if I hadn't already known how to do them I would've been baffled, perhaps would've been able to decipher it if I concentrated on it... but I probably wouldnt do that anyway.

But yeah... keep at it, happy spinning and all that.

Sorry if this seems like a negative post, its not intended that way...

weavesmiley peace ubbrollsmile

I think that should fix that. ^_^

hug

Delete

Javier_Olguin
SILVER Member since May 2008

Total posts: 4
Posted:Regardless of what you think, mother natures son, elros, none the less, has a unique style which i personally have never seen exploited to the extent that he does. I think this is groundbreaking and im glad this video was in this thread. Hellz yeah to cateyes!!!

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Posted:Given that reply, Javier Olquin, I'm assuming you took my post to be negative. I never commented on elros' style, I merely stated that they weren't new elements... old ones used with a different style, perhaps, but not new.

Groundbreaking I wouldn't say since I have seen a similar style executed in a much more graceful fashion, but there is surely skill there. But I guess thats a matter of opinion, that the style itself doesn't appeal to me and the fact that its not at all in context (due to the limited length of the clip) probably doesn't help my opinion on it at all, but I have been noted as a cynic in the past.

Edit: Oh, also, Javier Olquin, I don't want to seem confrontational by addressing you and that kind of thing, I just wanted to be very specific about my view in case you'd misinterpreted what I'd meant through the first post.

EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1219553138)

hug

Delete

Stout
SILVER Member since May 2004

Stout

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1872
Posted:I quite liked the style myself smile

It's not the style I personally spin in, but hey, that's part of what keeps these arts interesting is the variation in styles.

Having said that, I feel this clip is more suited to the videos section ( as entertainment ) rather than poi moves as education. I watched that clip about 10 times, and baffled I am. What it could do with is not only a slo-mo feature but the AlienJon/Zan graphic overlay treatmentment which, IMO, is the greatest educational innovation since the narrated tutorial.

MNS..didn't you just post a tutorial on the very first pattern of that clip ?

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Posted:Stout: I sure did... whats that got to do with it? ? Also... did it help? If not, why not? If so why so? But thats for the other thread, of course. :P

I think Stout has made a brilliant point that I alluded to in my first post... this would be better suited to the videos section and I'll comment on it as though thats where it was right now.

We'll cut out comments about the length and the music since they're not relevant.

Elros, your technique is very clean, smooth transitions and all that, but for me it appears to lack purpose, this may be due to the length of it and I understand that. If its just your style, I guess that just makes it "not for me"

If its due to the length then it would be because its not in the context of the rest of the movements... Or if its not, then you may be able to convince me by showing me the flow that you do have within your techy style by giving a view at a longer clip perhaps? It could appeal to me, but 16 seconds just isn't enough to make a real judgment that way for me.

Either way, keep posting, either comments or videos, welcome to the forum and all that.

Apologies if I seem too critical, but posting something with a title like "new poi elements" with only a video of some movements already discussed in great length in the forums here probably isn't the best first post you could make but I think you'll benefit greatly from all the wonderful information you can track down in the forums here. I think in future it might pay to check out what this community has already discussed before claiming something as new.

hug

Delete

Stout
SILVER Member since May 2004

Stout

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1872
Posted:MNS, I mentioned your tutorial because it was the only one of the new elements that I recognised, and considering you said something like "they were popular a while ago" I was questioning whether I was looking at something actually "new" it helped, but I've only worked on the top half ( both directions ) so far.

Delete

moonmoon

stranger

Total posts: 3
Posted:give us MORE !
great skills man - keep it up

Life is full of ups and downs.

Delete