More info here:

https://www.bristoljuggcon.datacomms.net/

Couldn't see a thread for this years so I've started one smile

I've just booked my holiday biggrin

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
For anyone who doesn't mind using a Coach - National Express have a £1 a seat sale on at the moment.

Worth looking into for cheap travel!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Ed:

Indigo is seperate from blue in the rainbow.

You got your three primary colours: Red, blue, yellow. Then naturally you got your three secondary colours: Purple, orange, green. Then indigo's just like "I'm well getting in on the rainbow action", pissing off mauve, maroon and turquoise in the process. Beige is joining forces with violet and all the other colours that have been named but no one can quite agree on and are planning a coup. But SHHH!!

Oh and Bristol. Yay Bristol!

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
but, but, but... the song!!!

Red and yellow and pink and green... orange and purple and blue...

No indigo there... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: ZazieYou got your three primary colours: Red, blue, yellow.

That's paint, not light, so it's all depending on whether you're looking at a rainbow or painting a picture of one.

While we're on it, WTF is "taupe" anyway?

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
is 'taupe' the same as 'teal'?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Toupé tape?

umm

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
taupe typo. typical.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I reckon I'll be there sat-wednesday, with a possibility of the last sunday- is it easy to get to from Bristol centre? Or would anyone have some car space on the sat?

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
Any chance to get a lift from Oxford? or from the train station in Bristol? Im tiny... no, really i am tiny!pleeeeeaaaase!! that would be on the saturday 13th or sunday 14th whatever is best.

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes... but that's another story all together.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If a few of you coming in by train could arrange to turn up at similar times maybe someone could come out and pick a bunch of you up at once.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
that's a good idea!!!
Anybody coming by train on sat or sunday?

I remember that some years ago i used to go by bus, but i cant find the instructions on the website anymore. I mean the local bus... cos if i remember wright i had to get off in Bristol international or something like that and then get a bus that would stop where the petrol station is just next to the convention camp... (one year the bus driver was worried that i was going to get lost and whent into the camp site to drop me there at the parking of the boyscouts, haha, so nice!)

Well does anybody remember or even understand what am i talking about? How can i get that info again... because i wouldnt mind to do that and i dont have to disturb anybody...

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes... but that's another story all together.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
From what i can see of the buses, it's service number 312 from Bristol PARKWAY.

it only goes every two hours, but does stop right outside the campsite, apparently.

Can't guarantee the accuracy of my words, though. 'Woodhouse park scout camp' doesn't seem to appear on any maps, but I know it's there...

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
is anybody planning on driving down from london for this.. id really appreciate a lift..

oops.. this is pineapple pete making this post.

also, its looking like i might as well just catch the bus..

hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
you're gonna be in London, Mike?

I think that's a Petey not logging out of Mike's account... wink

What day you get to London might be useful... wink

Be Water My Friend.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ok.. here i am.. i arrive in london on the 6th, this coming saturday.. ill be a wee bit jetlagged id assume.. im hoping to get a lift to bristol if i can, because hoppers are always fun to travel with, but if that fails, ill just catch a bus to central bristol..

so, does anyone have any spare car space from london.. or the ability to give me a lift from the main bus station in bristol to the convention site?

thanks heaps everyone.. talk to you all soon hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
i'll also be looking for a lift from middle of the week-ish, from just north of london or indeed london
If any spaces going - would be much appreciated

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
Oh yes!! 312 that is the number.... but every 2 hours? on a Sunday? puff...

Any bus from Bristol temple mead or Bristol bus station to get there? Or any joly soul wanting to come to Bristol on sunday to pick me up? Is it very far away?

This time i should probably splore Bristol as in this 4 years i have never been there...

CPlater1BRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
https://www.avonscouts.org.uk/woodhousepark/location.htm
is the location of the site.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it most probably is a duck!

Eric12stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Somebody can say me what is organized for the thursday evening?

Anyway i will join the convention for three days, from thursday to saterday.
A french guy more... smile

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Eric12Somebody can say me what is organized for the thursday evening?

Silliness, playing, talking nonsense, consumption of intoxicant(s) of choice... Much like the whole rest of the convention really.

Oh, and the Bristol Juggling Convention poker tournament. No limit Texas hold 'em, £5 entry (well, it always has been before) - all money goes into the prize fund, number of places paying depends on how much the prize fund is. Laid Back Café ("Alley Oop" to us old lags...) 8pm (ish)

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Wahay the RAF are paying for my week at Briz. I was beginning to think there was no way I could afford it after all, when I got a phonecall asking if I was available to work this weekend... they need a fitness professional to oversee RAF recruitment testing.

Very against my ethics but terribly well paid - managed to negotiate a ridiculous amount! So I will be there with LITERAL bells on.

I'm coming down from Norwich on Monday or Tuesday from another festival, but can get a lift back to Brighton... So anyone going down with space in the car from near those places or anywhere in between? Will be happy to chip in petrol money. I don't take up much space, the name Big Zee is supposed to be ironic, honest.

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Eric12Somebody can say me what is organized for the thursday evening?

Anyway i will join the convention for three days, from thursday to saterday.
A french guy more... smile

You wont be the only french there... Vux is going, as is Seb. Normally you see a couple of other French as well...

I think the French are slowly invading England. They (you) are *everywhere*

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Eric12stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Ok for the silliness, playing, talking nonsense, consumption of intoxicant(s) of choice...
And for the poker, why not. I don't know playing, so I will be a good target smile

Pink : It's funny because I hear the same thing in France with English people. In fact it's just an exchange...

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
Mmmm Spanish, instead, we are conquering little by little... you will see... i see you all eating spanish omeletes and chorizo and talking with our "c" sound... haha!! IT'S ALL PLANED!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Not long left now bounce2

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I will be unable to make BrJC this year frown

There is an outside chance I might make it to the final weekend.

I'll miss you!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Mr C, you have to be there!

I've not seen you all year frown

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
:ditto:

I'm having Chutney withdrawls

If the weather looks nice, i'll be up for the first weekend...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
shocked - No :ditto: smiley?!!
Madness

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Definitely not coming for the first weekend. Gotta work...

Probably make my way down on Monday if I'm lucky...

Cannae Wait...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: