DCPowerStiltsstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have videos of routines on power stilts? I am looking for ideas for artistic performance that involves jumping running while balancing/twirling/etc. Also, if you're in the Washington DC Area and would like to try on my stilts, let me know.

David
DC Power Stilts

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
there were a few fwd flips in the Chinese Olympics opening ceremony. yay for this stuff getting out there smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
I would actually LOVE to try power stilts, but I hate DC. I live in Washington county MD. I'd been thinking of using them for other fire related things, I have concern over their longevity with fire performance, wouldn't a lot of fire end up being bad for the fiber glass?

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I think i may be wrong that chrimeria use them in the fire shows i remember seeing a clip of it somwhere.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

DCPowerStiltsstranger
2 posts

Posted:
MRC,
It's true that the springs wear out after heavy usage, but they come with a rubber protective cover. Many people also wrap them in fabric tape to further protect it from the elements.

I find myself at High Rock (Overlooks Smithsburg) quite often on weekends, and sometimes offer demos/ tryouts of the Powerisers there. Not sure how close that is for you but if you email me I could give you a call next time I'm there for demo lessons. We could also watch people launch in hang gliders and flying around, if there's wind from the NW around 10mph.

David
DC Power Stilts