ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
I was just thinking about this as a bit of fun...

Do you think it is possible to play the part of or even be an eccentric recluse and have it come across on an internet site?

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In the words of Ali G:

You wot?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
yes but If you did you wouldn't ever post anything

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
but the eccentricity should kick in.. they'd want to post really random stuff.. I know that I'd still feel like a recluse, coz you'd never need to leave the house - thus still being a recluse..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
But miss stix, that theory would makes most of use recluses.... almost all the threads in this section are pretty random!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
and..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
In a way are we all not an eccentric recluse who spends far too many hours in front of the computer screen? Only venturing out of the door to meet with other recluses who have a similar lifestyle and interests?

Are we nearly there yet?

sea gypsyBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
I met a girl I went to Primary school with on a bus, she said it was funny to bump into me as she had been talking about me only last week, Oh yeah I said, why was that?
She'd been studying solitary confinement and the damage it does to people and she'd suddenly remembered me and thought that I'd do fine at it.
I spend my days shut in a room which is now papered with scribbled notes, a bit like the one in the film 'it's a beautiful mind', I'm in the process of writing a novel.
When I get out I do random things with weird strangers.
I'd say compared to the people I meet I am an eccentric recluse, however compared to other people on HOP, I don't know what I am, other than a small fish in your very big pond.
So, if I am an eccentric recluse, does it come across on email?
If it did, then the answer to your question is yes, if not, then no.
PS I carry three plastic goldfish on top of my purse so that when I pay for things I have to put three bright orange goldfish on the counter first. I do this for no solid reason, however it is definitly worth it and I recommend it to anyone. I have a supply of goldfish and sometimes I give them to worthy recipients.
But i am still hitting myself on the head trying to master this Poi move...

...never just an ordinary girl.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
plastic goldfish. Amazing!!! Respect to you!

On topic: surely posting random, meaningless and nonsensical posts means you're eccentric. Posting endlessly at all hours of the days and nights would point to you never leaving your room, and therefore being a recluse. I urge you to look around the board and see if anyone here fits that description perfectly