• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Chorin
BRONZE Member since Jul 2002

Total posts: 217
Posted:I was just thinking about this as a bit of fun...

Do you think it is possible to play the part of or even be an eccentric recluse and have it come across on an internet site?

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

Delete Topic

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:In the words of Ali G:

You wot?

Delete

Glåss
DIAMOND Member since Nov 2001

Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation

Total posts: 2523
Posted:yes but If you did you wouldn't ever post anything

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:but the eccentricity should kick in.. they'd want to post really random stuff.. I know that I'd still feel like a recluse, coz you'd never need to leave the house - thus still being a recluse..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

polythene

veteran

Total posts: 1359
Posted:But miss stix, that theory would makes most of use recluses.... almost all the threads in this section are pretty random!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:and..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Thistle

Thistle

old hand

Total posts: 950
Posted:In a way are we all not an eccentric recluse who spends far too many hours in front of the computer screen? Only venturing out of the door to meet with other recluses who have a similar lifestyle and interests?

Are we nearly there yet?

Delete

sea gypsy
BRONZE Member since May 2003

Total posts: 51
Posted:I met a girl I went to Primary school with on a bus, she said it was funny to bump into me as she had been talking about me only last week, Oh yeah I said, why was that?
She'd been studying solitary confinement and the damage it does to people and she'd suddenly remembered me and thought that I'd do fine at it.
I spend my days shut in a room which is now papered with scribbled notes, a bit like the one in the film 'it's a beautiful mind', I'm in the process of writing a novel.
When I get out I do random things with weird strangers.
I'd say compared to the people I meet I am an eccentric recluse, however compared to other people on HOP, I don't know what I am, other than a small fish in your very big pond.
So, if I am an eccentric recluse, does it come across on email?
If it did, then the answer to your question is yes, if not, then no.
PS I carry three plastic goldfish on top of my purse so that when I pay for things I have to put three bright orange goldfish on the counter first. I do this for no solid reason, however it is definitly worth it and I recommend it to anyone. I have a supply of goldfish and sometimes I give them to worthy recipients.
But i am still hitting myself on the head trying to master this Poi move...

...never just an ordinary girl.

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:plastic goldfish. Amazing!!! Respect to you!

On topic: surely posting random, meaningless and nonsensical posts means you're eccentric. Posting endlessly at all hours of the days and nights would point to you never leaving your room, and therefore being a recluse. I urge you to look around the board and see if anyone here fits that description perfectly

Delete