Forums > Social Discussion > ShellSol (HCS D60) for sale - UK Only

Login/Join to Participate

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Sticking this in here as quite want to be rid of the stuff now, it takes up too much space!

I've got about 4 25-litre drums of Shellsol D60 (Now called HCS D60) available.

If anyone wants to buy some - i'm selling them at £50 each. I can't deliver them, so it's pick up only (Guildford/Epsom area...).

If you wanted to buy one straight from the supplier they're £55 each, plus £30 delivery - and they'll only deliver to registered business addresses or accept pick-up in a certified van. I of course flout all these safety regulations to make a quick buck

Full MSDS available (of course) - short story, it burns cooler and longer than paraffin, just as bright, much less smoke (takes a couple of burns to burnout any residual paraffin left on the wicks for best effect) and very low odour (not odour-less, but close - We were performing in small-ish room, twice a night, 6 nights a week - and there was never any smell after a burn, important as they were dining in the same room).
It's also classed as a combustible, not a flammable liquid so you can take it on planes if you were so inclined.

Just to state the obvious, they're 25-litre plastic drums. That's a lot of fuel. We did 53 gigs and used about 10 in total, and that was including 1-hour free-spinning and 2/3 5-minute burns each night. So they last a fair old-while

First come, first served smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Go for it Brits! Lose the stinky paraffin and discover the world of (almost) odourless fuel!

(hey Durbs, have you contacted Dave about this?)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yep yep - he's already taken one off my hands biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
frown i want one... bah!

PS: Ohhh... Durbs, I've just thought... I might be in the Buckinghamshire/High Wycombe area at the beginning of September with a van... is that near you? would we be able to meet?

smile
EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1218799565)

Getting to the other side smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Near-ish, near enough certainly.

I'm on holiday until the 2nd Sept, but you know you're more than welcome to stay for a couple of nights at our new place smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Sweet, thanks chickie smile

We're thinking the weekend of 5/6...

Not sure we'd need somewhere to stay, will explain all when we've booked it, but I'll call then anyways smile

Hurrah!

Maybe see you soon

hug

Getting to the other side smile