TobinWrightBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
(I apologize if this is the wrong section to post in.)

Hey guys!

I wanted to ask if you thought this was a good idea. I had the day off today and felt kind of lazy yet bored so I started designing a webpage called the "Spinning Database".

Besides the Library here on HoP, is there another in depth database related to spinning? I was thinking of making one that linked to all the spinning videos i could find or that anyone else brought to my attention. That way there would be maybe as many as 6 or 7 videos on the same move in the same place without having to search for someone elses tutorial.

Anyways, all thoughts are appreciated. I was even thinking of adding a section where people could request videos on a certain move, and even though I'm not very good, I'd focus on that move until I had it down and then create my own in depth video tutorial for it.

Here's a screenshot of the site layout.

Non-Https Image Link

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
https://www.spherculism.net/poidia/

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

swirlygrrlSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
That's a great idea! There's a lot of stuff out there, but some of it is hard to find. I'd love to know when you get it going. I'd be happy to contribute what videos I can. I'm not incredibly advanced, by any means, but I'm hitting an accelerated learning curve. smile

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
It could easily be done as a Wiki. I dont mind hosting it. I can set up the stucture and then open it out to the spinny masses.

I really wouldnt bother with juggling as there is already the jugglewiki and it contains anything of any use already. Could easily hook a link to that instead.

Let me know if you are interested smile

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I think that a wiki has potential. Only thing is quality control and such.

Might be worth a try though.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
It can be self policing - we can all look after it. Could have split video's by their usefulness.

Its also pretty easy to embed youtube vids in mediawiki now. I'm pretty sure all the resources that people post up could be intergrated equally well.

TobinWrightBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
A wiki is a great idea. The only problem I have with them is that they seem to get a little messy at times. I wouldn't even know how to start one, but I will continue to work on this database and then add user controllable functions like adding videos and comments or something.

@ Imbalance: Neat site, but I know if I can get the information for free, that's what I and most people are going to do. Which is what this is, a free, non profit database of information for spinners.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
spherc is free....

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
if eva need any help coding wise drop me a pm i wrote many awebsites for my ict course's i did

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing