Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
I got the bloody things, and can't get rid of em. Suggestions anyone?

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Glass of water, drink it out of the far side of the glass. (I SWEAR this usually works).

Get a friend to scare the bujeezus out of you.

Take a few tabs of Valium (JUST KIDDING!)

Drink some salt water (that often does the trick).

Sex (you laugh...but it works).

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
hold your breath for as long as possible then let it out as slowly as possible in one smooth long exhalation. Works for me every time.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I suffer from fequent hick-ups I understand your inconvienice. Bahh stupid things they are annoying as. I was told by my biology teacher in high school many many years ago that a good way of getting rid of them is to breathe really irratically. Basically they happen when you gut is out of wack, so its the best way to trick, back into being normal.

I find it works, otherwise yeah go with the sex option thats really the cure all for everything.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Sex sounds wondeful. Just I'm stuck at work.

I got someone to scare me though lol. Fun was had by all, and I'm now cured aswell

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I had hiccups earlier too. Mine are gone as well.

Well that was interesting.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear it.

I had a student walk in to section hiccuping one day when I was a TA. I hadn't started the section yet, so I pulled her aside and told her that I hadn't recieved her last homework assignment. She said "but I turned it in!" I said that I had picked up all the assignments in the classroom, checked the floor and everything around the box to make sure I hadn't dropped any, and then I'd searched my room when I couldn't find her assignment and that I didn't have it, so she was going to get a Zero for the assignment (and homework counted for a lot in that class).

The color drained out of her face and she didn't know what to say (especially because I'm actually a really nice TA and allow students to turn in assignments late if they need to). And then I said "Just kidding! But that got rid of your hiccups, didn't it? Sorry, if I'd warned you it wouldn't have worked."

The expression on her face was priceless. She didn't know whether to kill me or thank me.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Hiccuping (or hiccoughing -- that's a clue) is a funny and rather rude reflex action, sort of
like coughing or sneezing or even vomiting
Non-Https Image Link
Something is bugging you and you hicc it up. Maybe you ate or drank too fast, and swallowed some air. It might be a stomach problem and you need to get rid of some gas
Non-Https Image Link
It might be that you have a tickly throat, or maybe the nerves that control your diaphragm are a bit jumpy
Non-Https Image Link
Whenever one of these things happens you can react with a hiccup. Most people hiccup for a minute or two. It can be somewhat annoying, but is usually quite funny.
Non-Https Image Link
Sometimes, though, people can't stop. One man in Iowa started hiccupping in 1922 and stopped in 1990. That's sixty-eight years!
Non-Https Image Link
In the meantime he got married twice, had eight children, and led a normal life.
Obviously he even figured out how to sleep.
If you are just a regular hiccupper, a loud "Boo!" can often make you stop. It'll scare the extra breath out of you. What happens is that the shock of the scare distracts your nervous system and it “forgets” to hiccup. If you sneeze, the same thing can happen. But getting yourself to sneeze is pretty hard. You can gargle, tug on your tongue, or try drinking water upside down
Non-Https Image Link
But mostly, when your hiccups want to stop, they will . . . hopefully before sixty-eight years have gone by.

Non-Https Image Link

Its not easy being green....

Yoyomember
25 posts

Posted:
A spoonful of Vinegar solves this problem...honest to god its worked for me everytime. Probably because the of shock of it tasting so vile

Make sure you dont drink any more tho, unless you particularly like the taste because then it'll just make you sick

A beautiful person needs no other merit than they're own existence!

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
mr mike doc lightning person, ur story is priceless!

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:

I thought the vinegar thing was for passing drug tests...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!