• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12
georgemc
BRONZE Member since Oct 2006

georgemc

Sitting down facing forward . . .

Total posts: 2387
Posted:Launched today and already found by some! We bring you 2 new photo competitions: "Show us your ink!" and "Most outrageous hair".

For all you creative and expressive people out there - go mad and send us your photo's.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Delete Topic

Mother_Natures_Son
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Total posts: 2418
Posted:Blackphoenix: Tattoos 28 Hair: 14

hug

Delete

BLACKPHOENIX
BRONZE Member since Aug 2008

Total posts: 33
Posted:thanks

Delete

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:Originally Posted By: meshunderlayhow DID number 10 do so well?

Personally I think 17 or 4 were the best...

I love big colorful things.

I do think you're right though, as an avid Beatles fan since I was born, he was taken too soon.
...And Ringo wasn't taken soon enough.... No, I'm sorry, that was messed up and I'm not that mean, but seriously, he needs to stop doing cover albums.

Thank you.
Mine's number 17

Designed and drawn (but not tattooed, obviously) completely by me smile
Though there is still about 8 hours worth of work to go.
I was scheduled to get it finished when my tat artist had his arm broken by a bouncer at a club, so it didn't get done. frown Because of that I actually entered *really- REALLY* late, as in, after the original deadline passed. Looking at how many views I got, I had literally half the views of every one else, or alot less than that in some cases, I couldn't be more pleased placing where I did.

Oh well.
Thanks to all who voted for me. I really appreciate it greatly! beerchug

EDITED_BY: Pele (1225746046)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

meshunderlay
BRONZE Member since Sep 2008

meshunderlay

Juggler/Spinner

Total posts: 612
Posted:Awesome.

At the moment I'm still in the design (read: I'm trying to make sure my idea is 100% right before I give it a go-ahead) phase, and even though I don't have 1 tattoo yet, I'm trying to figure out how my other ideas will fit in (read: I'm being picky and silly) with my main ideas.... *shrug* I wish I COULD draw... well.

Ah well, maybe it's just me, but I'm atwitter with anticipation, and have so far not had both the idea/drawing and money together at the same time.

Soon though....!

Delete

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:My tattoo was done for one of those "Inked" tv shows in a parlour I worked part time in for awhile.

Believe it or not, it was done for free. I got lucky.

However, the remainder of the work needed on it, I am not sure how that will pan out. We shall see.
By the time it's done it will be full 3/4 of my back and circling around both my hips to meet the ones I have on the tip of my hip bones. Even the idea makes me happy wink
I love the anticipation and the getting it done and the after effect...I hate the healing. Too itchy! lol

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

meshunderlay

meshunderlay

Juggler/Spinner

Posted:Wow, that's cool. Free!

Yea, I've heard alot about the healing, only thing I wouldn't look forward to is heading to my martial arts classes with a fresh tattoo. I would imagine that may get.... irritating at least, if not more.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
SILVER Member since May 2006

the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving

Total posts: 1286
Posted:being honest, i'd give the martial arts classes a miss while you heal! the more time and care given to a fresh tattoo, the better the final result will be when it is healed........damn....now i want some new ink........*runs off in search of inspiration for a new tattoo.

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

meshunderlay

meshunderlay

Juggler/Spinner

Posted:I have a silly question.... Is there a way of finding a tattooist better than just sitting online checking out galleries of every artist in my area? hah. My eyes are tired. =)

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.

Total posts: 2418
Posted:Best way is to ask people that you know that've got tattoos. They'll at least know what the places they went to was like.

I've had one done by a less than great tattooist and it took longer to heal than the others as well as needing more touchups.

There was a slight difference between the other two, also, done by different tattooists in a decent parlour.

hug

Delete

Page: 12