MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
The color of the light is right. The feel of the air is right. The smell is right. The people are right. The buildings are right. The general air is right.

It's just all so...right.

I am in San Francisco. After one seemingly endless year of waiting, desiring, yearning, hoping, praying, begging time to just speed up...

...the plane landed today and the lady next to me must have thought I was crazy because I was grinning ear-to-ear.

As of 12:15 today when the wheels of my plane touched down at SFO, I am a resident of San Francisco. I've come home.

And I feel... happy. cool

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
Good god Doc, you landed at a crappy time. It's actually 102 degrees F here in East Bay! eek And the air quality is crappy!

Now we must hang out! I'll hit you up PM since I missed you in NYC - though I did get to meet the old man and Mrs. Moles smile

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :KaelGotRice

Good god Doc, you landed at a crappy time. It's actually 102 degrees F here in East Bay! eek And the air quality is crappy!

Now we must hang out! I'll hit you up PM since I missed you in NYC - though I did get to meet the old man and Mrs. Moles smile

Yeah, even at 15,000 ft AGL it was already getting hazy. The city was beautiful, though, at 85F and dry, rather than New York's steamy humidity that makes you feel sick and feverish as soon as you step out of A/C.

And yeah. Hit me up in PM with yer digitz.
EDITED_BY: Doc Lightning (1215582579)

-Mike

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
That's great to hear Doc! There's no place like home hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
YAY...!! congrats doc...

I've only ever been O/S once... for 4 weeks to the U.S, lots of years ago. and san francisco is the only place I visited that I felt I could live in. assuming it hasn't changed too much in the last 15 years, it's a fabulous place. and has the most incredible classical guitar shop I've ever seen!!

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I <3 San Francisco-- congratulations and mazeltov and whatever else is appropriate. Plus a little dash of good natured jealousy.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It really hadn't hit me yet...

...except just now I was driving across the Bay Bridge and suddenly, there, right in front of me was the city skyline, including the Transamerica Pyramid all glittering in the sunlight. Suddenly I broke out in this huge, ear-to-ear grin.

I censored LIVE here! bounce

-Mike

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
now all we need to do is make sure there's a Marmite shop conveniently located for you and you will be in heaven!! biggrin

Ah well, I guess you can't have absolutely everything can you!! bounce bounce2
*runs and hides while Mike's confused and too happy to worry overly much*
ubblol

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*ambushes George with an obscenely large tub of Nutella crepes*

I went on a date tonight. We went to my favorite Middle-Eastern place in the world, which is called Kan Zaman. It's on Haight Street right down from Amoeba Music. They have belly dancing there, too. And hookahs (tobacco, for those of you who are wondering; it may be SF but it's not LEGAL).

I used to go there every few months when I was in college, but it was such a trip all the way up from Stanford.

Now it's a 10 minute walk from my apartment.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Infected Mushroom played at 1015 Folsom tonight. I danced until 3:30 AM

Go ahead. Ask me if I like it here. I dare ya. biggrin wink

-Mike

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Now all you need to do is go ring Amistad Maupin's doorbell biggrin

And setup couchspace for me next year (or something...) tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Neon_Shaolin

And setup couchspace for me next year (or something...) tongue

Non-Https Image Link

One of these?

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Doc Lightning

The feel of the air is right. The smell is right.

The SMELL is gone! That's it. I couldn't put my finger on it...

tongue

I know you're going to keep beating it into my heads how much you like San Fransisco but I'm glad you found "Home." Hopefully, you'll find a boy soon so we can hear you giggle about more interesting things then some cold foggy overrated city. wink wink wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :NYC

I know you're going to keep beating it into my heads how much you like San Fransisco but I'm glad you found "Home." Hopefully, you'll find a boy soon so we can hear you giggle about more interesting things then some cold foggy overrated city. wink wink wink

Y'missed Infected Mushroom, biotch. wink

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Doc Lightning

Y'missed Infected Mushroom, biotch. wink

Um... don't care. smile

But I know exactly what you mean about driving over bridges. There's something very regal about driving over a beautiful bridge into the city you love. I feel that way every time I drive home from Brooklyn.

And now... a song. Just campy enough for my taste. Feel free to put it on loop.

Thank you very much... don't forget to tip your waitresses.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Doc, if you like the belly dancing, you should check out Ultra Gypsy...they're absolutely wonderful!!! Our class does alot of their combos in choreos.

Glad you're feeling at home. Now if only I could get back home to the land of Oz, all would be right in the world.

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :NYC

But I know exactly what you mean about driving over bridges. There's something very regal about driving over a beautiful bridge into the city you love. I feel that way every time I drive home from Brooklyn.

Over that bridge that has been labeled "Structurally Deficient" by the American Society of Civil Engineers and that the City, like so many other things, seems to take no interest in repairing? That Brooklyn Bridge? wink

Actually, when Durbs and Mrs. Durbs came to NYC, I took them on the N train over the Manhattan Bridge (It's the N/Q, right?). The view is amazing from that bridge. The problem with Manhattan is that you need to leave it to see it properly, or you need to have friends in high places (literally high places; with rooftop views). My two favorite places for viewing the Manhattan skyline were on top of my friend Jumanne's apartment building in Hell's Kitchen and from Roosevelt Island. If you haven't taken the tram across to Roosevelt Island, I strongly recommend packing a picnic basket and making a summer evening date of it.

And my heart is in San Francisco. Has been since 1996 when I first moved here. Difference is that now I'm here with it.

-Mike