ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
So the Stella awards take the Darwin awards to the next level where stupid people sue others for their stupidity and win !!!! what makes it worse than the darwin awards is that not only are the people stupid, but a jury of their peers are equally stupid and absolve them of all responsibility for their stupidity and award them damages *shakes head* natural selection has failed us once again frown

--------------------------------

Stella Awards

It's time again for the annual 'Stella Awards'! For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico, where she purchased the coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right? That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head.

So keep your head scratcher handy.

Here are the Stella's for the past year:

7TH PLACE : Kathleen Robertson of Austin , Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

6TH PLACE: Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Go ahead, grab your head scratcher.

5TH PLACE: Terrence Dickson, of Bristol, Pennsylvania, was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut. Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT, days on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental Anguish. Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish. We should all have this kind of anguish.

Keep scratching. There are more...

4TH PLACE : Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite, because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Grrrrr ... Scratch, scratch.

3RD PLACE : A jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. What ever happened to people being responsible for their own actions?

Scratch, scratch, scratch. Hang in there; there are only two more Stella's to go...

2ND PLACE : Kara Walton, of Claymont, Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses. Go figure.

May I have a fanfare played on 50 kazoos please........

1ST PLACE : This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first time out, she was coming home from an OU football game, she entered the freeway, set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually
leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just incase Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

Are we, as a society, getting more stupid? --

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I want to spill my glass of French pinot over my keyboard right now.

That's unbelievable! And worse! The judges and juries DIDN'T laugh them out of court!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm all from the U.S. too.......

How many of these do you think were actually planned?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Here's a link claiming that the first one is fake-

https://forum.ebaumsworld.com/archive/index.php/t-685.html

Here's a link claiming that all of them are fake (or urban myths)-

https://www.stellaawards.com/bogus.html

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by :

It makes no sense to use false examples of real problems when there are so many true examples that illustrate the actual problem...Truth is stranger than fiction. It makes no sense to use made-up stories to illustrate a real problem when there are real cases of lawsuit abuse going on all the time.

But that's why it's believed, because there ARE so many stupid true examples.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
There's no evidence, IMO, to support the view that there are loads of examples.

In my experience, the majority of instances of these posted on the internet, are, for whatever reason, generally accepted as fact, but, on examination, turn out to be either one-sided/biased presentations, or, outright urban myths.

This thread is a prime example of this- the original poster puts up a list of examples of 'the legal system gone mad'- with NO link to anything that may substantiate them.

A series of other posters then join in, saying how awful it all is- no-one seems to consider the possibility that they aren't true (it's the internet! there's a good chance that anything postedon it is not necessarily true).

If you check out the 2nd link in my above post, you'll notice how closely the cases on the steller awards 'bogus' page, match the order and text of the original post- I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere down the line, had actually copied-and-pasted it from the 'bogus' page, missing the fact that they were actually examples of fake stories.

People love a bit of hysteria/tabloid-style-stupid-stories: it's human nature and, IMO, the perception that there are LOADS of these 'stupid justice' stories, is more to do with that aspect of human nature, than anything to do with fact.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

I'm with Dave on this one smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :onewheeldave

In my experience, the majority of instances of these posted on the internet, are, for whatever reason, generally accepted as fact, but, on examination, turn out to be either one-sided/biased presentations, or, outright urban myths.

Well when it comes to Stella Leibeck, people keep saying "You don't know the details of the case."

Nobody has ever filled me in on why the plaintiff was entitled to renumeration for spilling hot coffee on herself while driving in such a manner. A reasonable person would assume that a cup of hot coffee is hot and not put it between their legs while driving. That's why auto manufacturers install cupholders.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I know it's wikipedia so it's potentially all lies, but here's a few bits and pieces about the case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1214572812)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I do know my parents got sued 'cos an elderly lady fell over after spinning round trying to catch her Grandson, and sprained her ankle.

But they did have to lie shamelessly in court to win the case... claimed the floor was wet, and covered in algae, with no 'this floor may be slippery when wet' sign was up.. when in fact the sign was there, and the floor wasn't wet.. and the photo they showed of the algae covered floor was taken from under a bush round the corner..

I heard all of the cases cited above, with minor variations, a few years back in a similar post on another forum, which.. if it's annual.. is a little odd, yes?

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :TheBovrilMonkey

Yeah, I know it's wikipedia so it's potentially all lies, but here's a few bits and pieces about the case:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

Yeah, I read it there and at stellaawards.com. I still find it incredible. Coffee is hot. Anyone over the age of 6 in the U.S. can tell you that coffee is hot and can burn you. It should require no warning that it is hot.

-Mike

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by : OWD

But people really are that stupid. Trust me. I work in hospitality.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
And I work in medicine. I'll back her up on that.

-Mike

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I think anyone in any job which deal with the public can agree- yep, some peple are that stupid.. I've had some classic phone calls working in a zoo.. 'There's a moth in my garage, can you come and let it out?'

'There's a bird in my garden.. It's either a guillemot
or a tern .. I phoned the RSPB, and they couldn't sent anyone out, what should I do?'

me: (Okay, so it's either a squat, mainly black bird- looks a bit like a penguin- that can barely fly, or a graceful, mainly white bird that spends almost all it's time in the air) Well, the RSPB is a bird watching organisation, not a bird rescue one- does it seem to be in any distress or injured?'

'Um.. I don't know. I can't see it.'

But it's not how stupid they are that's the issue with this- it's how stupid you can be and still get the law on your side.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I work for a human rights organisation that occasionally gets reported for its 'stupid' decisions. Most of the time the reporting is a very inaccurate and incomplete version of the facts, decision making and outcome. So I take any of these with a gram of salt. Particularly since the 'real' Stellas say they are fake!

One the other hand there were two cases I've read here in Qld where a drunk sued the driver of a car who hit him when he fell off/stumbled/ran off the footpath. The driver was going at 20kms below the speed limit at the time and it did occur to me that someone who spent their leisure time and money getting brain damaged and legless should probably pay the person who helped them be that way permanently, not seek damages.

Similarly the man who climbed a fence to dive into a canal behind a house when the owners weren't at home and broke his neck. Sued as there was no sign on the fence to say' don't dive off here'. The owner of the house said 'but only a idiot would do that' and the chap said; 'but he knew I am an idiot'.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by : Rouge Dragon

But people really are that stupid. Trust me. I work in hospitality.

I've no doubt whatsoever that (some) people are stupid.

But, in general, the legal system isn't- at least not in the way these (mainly) urban myths suggest.

I think this thread is itself, a pretty good microcosm of where the stupidity actually lies:

The original post contained a list of 'stellar awards'- examples of supposed stupidity in the legal system.

The original poster did zero research into whether there was any truth in those examples- they took them on board as gospel and posted them as such.

More posters joined in- 'spilling their wine over their keyboards' etc- none actually questioned whether the stories were true or did any research.

Then I appear, type 'stellar awards' & 'fake' into google- this takes me immediately to stellar awards own website; specifically their 'bogus' page.

On this page it is made clear that every single one of the stories in the original post is fake.

So, up to now, based on the stories in the original post, the legal system, in terms of stupidity, is doing pretty well-

compared to: those who love these type of stories, accept them without question and then repeat them as fact.

The reason there's so many apparent stories of stupidity, is because there's so many people willing to believe anything they read that's mildly entertaining, and then, perpetuate it further.

If people just stopped for a minute and checked out what they were reading, there'd be a lot less of these ridiculous myths floating around.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
But that's what I'm saying - people believe they're true because through our own experience of the world we know that there are hell stupid people out there.

I would doubt that most people would google every single post they read on HoP and given our knowledge of stupidity (hospitality, medicine, zoos) we don't question it because it's actually plausible in an unbelievable way. Certainly, there are things I will google if I'm sceptical, but because I know people really are dumb enough to do the above (Darwin Awards, anyone? They're not all fake.)

At work the other night, a customer ordered lambs fry and bacon. Ate the entire meal. Then proceeded to complain that it tasted terrible. He complained for a good hour despite the fact that there was nothing wrong with the meal, the only problem was that he though lambs fry was actually lamb and not lamb guts. His friend and the people around him kept telling him that lambs fry is an acquired taste and that he *did* eat the whole meal before complaining...but he kept on having a go at us staff members for something that was 100% his mistake and no-one elses.

Faith in people? Not after hospitality.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
The difference is whether people are stupid complaining gits (granted) and whether the legal system/judges are so stupid as to support their gripes. Generally judges base their decisions on reasons which are not so fun to publish as the dumb stuff.
eg behind the dumb sounding 'but he should have known I was an idiot' there is a whole doctrine around duty of care and 'reliance' ...sigh.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by : Rouge Dragon

But that's what I'm saying - people believe they're true because through our own experience of the world we know that there are hell stupid people out there.

I disagree- IMO, people (some people, that is- not everyone swallows these ridiculous tales hook-line-and-sinker) believe they're true cos they're both gullible and, they like to believe they're true.

It's nothing to do, IMO, with the fact that there are plenty of stupid people in the world: for example, I'm aware that there are 'stupid people out there', in fact that's precisely the reason I googled the above post, cos I know there are plenty of people silly enough to take on board as fact, stories like the ones above.

Written by :

I would doubt that most people would google every single post they read on HoP and given our knowledge of stupidity (hospitality, medicine, zoos) we don't question it because it's actually plausible in an unbelievable way. Certainly, there are things I will google if I'm sceptical, but because I know people really are dumb enough to do the above (Darwin Awards, anyone? They're not all fake.)

There's no need to google every post is there? Just be selective.

OK- you know people are dumb (Darwin Awards)- you made a judgement call (acceptance rather than google): you got it wrong; yes?

Fair enough, that's something you can learn from and, next time you see a bunch of ridiculous tales about the legal system, perhaps you can be more inclined to question whether it's the legal system that's dumb, or the people who've just posted it.

Or, you can simply just accept them as gospel, but, if you do, do bear in mind what the phrase 'Darwin Awards' means smile

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
So because I think people are stupid therefore I believed the awards I'm going to exit the gene pool? Woah. Overkill much?

Plus I wouldn't call Ben dumb. He's hardcore smart.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7477461.stm

Man falls off ladder, injures himself, sues council for "Not teaching him how to use one"

frown

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Doc Lightning

Well when it comes to Stella Leibeck, people keep saying "You don't know the details of the case."

Nobody has ever filled me in on why the plaintiff was entitled to renumeration for spilling hot coffee on herself while driving in such a manner. A reasonable person would assume that a cup of hot coffee is hot and not put it between their legs while driving. That's why auto manufacturers install cupholders.

Now I am very surprised why nobody takes the opportunity to check the Stella Awards website for the full story....

Dear OWD - whilst I side you in your approach (to verify information which is available on the Internet before attempting to take it for granted and to spread it) I think it's the very thing that makes us humans and a society right there - namely "trust in our fellow citizens not to knowingly tell or spread a lie".

But, in general, the legal system isn't - at least not in the way these (mainly) urban myths suggest.

This statement could originate from a lawyer. It's true, yet not... Point is that there are incredible stupid laws (in any legal system) and thats just the matter of the fact, point further is that it might not be stupid in the ways these urban myths suggest - but maybe a lot more stupid in another.

Written by : The True Stella Awards - aka. the one and only *true* one

The book addresses just who is Stella, and what really happened with that cup of McDonald's coffee? Using lawsuits to further a political or personal agenda. Medical cases. Blaming someone else -- anyone else -- for what happens to you. What happens when bullies and cry-babies grow up (they take their fights into court!) The ever-expanding concept of the "right" to sue. Suits by inmates and criminals -- sometimes they sue their victims. The class action lottery. Lawsuits against schools. Just plain stupid cases.

Obviously they published a book, 300something pages - and IF we assume that at least the cases described here are true... it's certainly a high number.

However, Dave, you base your criticism on the very same source as the OP: the Internet - any research undertaken to trustfully back up the claim that these *are* bogus? How about the (hypothetical) possibility that the original "Stella awards" website tries to stand their ground and dismiss all the other copycats? On a sidenote: I'm not trying to back up urban legends - but who exactly tells you that they *are*, if not the very same source that initially claims them to be the truth? You're (just as well) putting two opinions against each other and weigh them - then deciding which one feels right *for you*, after that claiming that they are 'the truth'... umm

Fact of the matter is that people often act unskilled - it's a part of being alive, being a complex organism with a brain to govern. Now, any which way you're trying to look at it, you will find people claiming that 'other people are stupid', each and anyone for their very own reasons (including this very post, you may say)... wink

Some pretend that those, who file for compensation - with the implicit understanding that it's been their own fault in the first place - are 'stupid', others say that a legal system is 'stupid', which accepts such lawsuits and pays compensation to those 'stupid people' and that it should be fixed.

As I see it, human beings (as a race) often just act like 'opportunistic monkeys' and another one could see it even as a sign of intelligence, trying to turn unfortunate events into advantages... It's up to us individually to decide just for our selves... to form our opinion...

I for my part - no offense - just find it a bit funny read another post of yours, claiming everybody else [well not quite] is "stupid", except for your self - as in pretending to 'stand above the rest', simply on the grounds that you might have a 'better understanding' than them in this very instant. That itself is just that: opportunistic.

You have made a good number of precise, deterministic, sophisticated and well worded posts (without jealousy I would even say much more than me) - and by that you have greatly contributed to this community. I would love to see rather that contd, without the prevalent aftertaste of bashing others for their mistakes or trustfulness.

To me, these are positive attributes too and should be encouraged just as much as basing trust on verified information. Much as in:

Don't be afraid of making a mistake, "trial and error" is a valid form of learning - however you'll find gentle parenting here, so don't be afraid of coming back.

wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by :FireTom

Obviously they published a book, 300something pages - and IF we assume that at least the cases described here are true... it's certainly a high number.

Wel, if you look at the actual genuine stella cases, you'll find that many of them are not as cut-and-dried stupid as they try to make out.

(as stalla awards themselves say-

Written by : stella site

May it please the court: We know quite well that not all of the cases we present will turn out to be frivolous abuse of the American Justice System. Many of these cases indeed involve real issues, real injuries, and deserve real compensation. And some don't. That's why we stress that you should read the cases before you judge.

Fact is, that when you go beyond their initial (and somewaht jeering) summation of the cases (which, at the end of the day, is an attempt to get people to buy their book) and look at the actual details of the case, it often becomes apparent that the person su-ing has a good point.

And, when it comes to some of the really outlandish attempts to sue, I get the impression that they didn't actually make it to court anyway.

Of those that do, many get thrown out.

So, i accept that, yes, there are people who try to exploit the legal system with outlandish suites, but, feel there's very little real evidence that the legal system itself goes along with them.

Most important, I feel that people's knee-jerk acceptance of and, virtual celebration (in a negative way) of, these largely untrue tales, contributes to the general negative portrayal of anyone who uses the legal system to make organisations meet their legal and safety obligations.

There are many, many instances of organisations only meeting those obligations, when a member of the public went to the considerable time, effort and risk, of taking them to court

.....However, Dave, you base your criticism on the very same source as the OP: the Internet - any research undertaken to trustfully back up the claim that these *are* bogus? How about the (hypothetical) possibility that the original "Stella awards" website tries to stand their ground and dismiss all the other copycats? On a sidenote: I'm not trying to back up urban legends - but who exactly tells you that they *are*, if not the very same source that initially claims them to be the truth? You're (just as well) putting two opinions against each other and weigh them - then deciding which one feels right *for you*, after that claiming that they are 'the truth'... umm

Well... if you or anyone else wants to do a bit of research to prove that the OPs stories are actually true, feel free smile

I for my part - no offense - just find it a bit funny read another post of yours, claiming everybody else [well not quite] is "stupid", except for your self - as in pretending to 'stand above the rest', simply on the grounds that you might have a 'better understanding' than them in this very instant. That itself is just that: opportunistic.

You have made a good number of precise, deterministic, sophisticated and well worded posts (without jealousy I would even say much more than me) - and by that you have greatly contributed to this community. I would love to see rather that contd, without the prevalent aftertaste of bashing others for their mistakes or trustfulness.

I NEVER claimed that everyone else is stupid. The main accusations of stupidity in this thread commenced with the OP and was then continued by those other posters who took glee in the stories he published details of.

I've not (unlike them) directly accussed anyone of stupidity- at most I've pointed out the irony of them having a go at the stupidity of others, based on evidence which was not only false, but easily checkable as false.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
So we're on the same side - good to learn that I gained the wrong impression.

I do spent a lot of time on the Internet for somewhat questionable purposes already and therefore don't have too much time left to check for the true content of something that - to me - is quite pointless.

Same - I reckon - applies to many others, which is why they don't verify, yet show a (human) reaction (OMG - this can't be! - well, dodo, correct - it ain't... )

However - for an European POV the amounts sued for are quite enormous... but I understand that if compensation is paid, most of it goes to the lawyers anyway... shrug

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Rouge Dragon

So because I think people are stupid therefore I believed the awards I'm going to exit the gene pool? Woah. Overkill much?

Plus I wouldn't call Ben dumb. He's hardcore smart.

It's our first instinct to believe what we read. Scepticism is learned, and it's completely separate from intelligence. For a good example, Rupert Sheldrake is pretty darn clever, but his experiments lack the controls that I would expect from any science graduate. His response to criticisms of the controls is essentially to label his detractors as closed-minded and carry on with poor controls.

I don't have news of any frivolous court cases from my local area. Just thought I'd mention it as a reminder that most of the time the system works adequately. It's the exceptions we hear about.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:

perhaps you can be more inclined to question whether it's the legal system that's dumb, or the people who've just posted it.

I've not (unlike them) directly accused anyone of stupidity

ubblol an implication instead of a direct accusation, bravo, thats simply pure genius!!! rolleyes

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
He accused you of being dumb, not stupid! geez! rolleyes

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
 Written by :ben-ja-men

perhaps you can be more inclined to question whether it's the legal system that's dumb, or the people who've just posted it.

I've not (unlike them) directly accused anyone of stupidity

ubblol an implication instead of a direct accusation, bravo, thats simply pure genius!!! rolleyes

One would consider the proper response to be:
"Point taken OWD, I'll check my sources more carefully in the future and edit my first post to remove the demonstrably false ones"

Everyone makes mistakes, the ability to learn from them is what's important.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
More important would be the ability to make mistakes look like geniality wink But that's considerable mastership...