JohnoUKnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Howdy!

I'm a little confused as to what I'm doing wrong with the butterfly, now I can get it going and do moves with it, but I am constantly moving in an anti-clockwise direction, every 4-5 beats I'm having to adjust my step...

just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how to combat it... its pretty annoying (especially when I hit the whirly-gig!!)!!

Any suggestions will be tried today! Haha!

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
So you're turning in an anti-clockwise direction? Usually this is caused by poor symmetry in the butterfly. Look at your arms when you do it. Is one hand further forward than the other? Is one arm bent, while the other not? Look for little differences between your left and right arms and hands, and correct any. There may be slight differences that aren't the problem, like having one hand slightly above or further forward than the other to help prevent the poi from colliding, but try to adjust for symmetry and see if it helps.

If not, watch the planes each of your poi are spinning in, and see if any one poi is "going wrong" first, and isolate and practice with that hand.

Lots of people have this problem at first, and you can expect to go through it all again with the one-handed butterfly. The good news is that is usually goes away by itself with practice...

Good luck.

JohnoUKnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Fantastic, as soon as the washing's dried, I'll give it a go. Thanks for your time and effort in your response, much appreciated.

John

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
No problem dude, let me know how it goes.