Forums > Technical Discussion > I'm bored with my beamers. Anything cooler out there?

Login/Join to Participate

decemberscalmSILVER Member
49 posts

Posted:
I have HoP jailhouse poi, Strobing Glowy Poi at the end of nylon, and Green beamers with oval link chains so far. I like practicing with the jailhouse poi, but thier glowyness doesn't entertain me. I've gotte alot of mileage in my beamers, and developed an affection for them, but I need something new to play with ^_^ (I already have fire poi, don't sugguest that lol).

So is there anything out there yet that looks real good, that I can put oval link chains on, and isn't over 120 dollars (I want to be able to afford hyper lights when they come out)? And can you describe to me what thier like (a video would be appreciated). Thanks so much~ ubbangel

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Flowpoi/Flowpoi duo or Oggpoi? Theres loads of videos on youtube and some on playpoi.com

Duo's will be about $110inc shipping to you

decemberscalmSILVER Member
49 posts

Posted:
So I've looked up videos and I really like the flowpoi toys, but what would you suggest Flowpoi Trio? If not why?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I have never had them but it depends how much light you want. The duos are quite long but can still be isolated and pass inside your arms. I expect the trios will be too long (or almost too long) to pass inside arms

here are my duo's
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v626/geeza1/?action=view¤t=flowpoiduo.jpg

Im also selling these
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/data_secure_display/500/34352IMG_0513_Small_.JPG

Video here

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I've got the duos, also, they are something to get used to on their own, being quite long, its very different when most of it is stiff, the trios I suspect would be better off used as clubs if you're wanting to switch between it. It would limit what you can do with em. tangles would be a real bitch.

Shortening would be impossible, with the trios, I'd say.

But thats all speculation. And the trios are much more expensive.

hug