Forums > Videos > My first goofy video...EVER! Duh duh duhhhnnn... *DELETED*

Login/Join to Participate

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
~An elegantly bound book in a language you can't read~
43 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by LivingLight

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” -Alice

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
This would look better in the dark of course...I'm just trying to get some feedback on my low fountains I guess. I can't believe how much I suck in the beginning...I feel restricted indoors. I blew out 3 lightbulbs and no longer have a light fixture that works in my bedroom now, =/.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” -Alice

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Slow down. ^_^ Its impossible to check timing at that speed, though timing was off at a few points. You did a corkscrew at one point, you probably want to check on your planes in that, be a bit more decisive about the planes you're in.

But if you slow down a bit, those things will probably just fall in place anyway. Fast doesn't = good. Speed control is a skill as well, a lot of the most amazing stuff I've seen is done incredibly slowly. I remember in one of his vids Yuta spins a corkscrew ridiculously slowly, fantastically effective, mesmerizing even.

Happy schpinning.

hug

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I got caught up in the song...it's pretty intense. I normally do take my time but I was hopped on caffeine as well. Future videos will be better I promise, thank you! =D

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
As already said, try and slow down. I used to find it hard slowing down when learning and still do when learning new moves. This is bad as, A it hurts more, B things get broken easily and C, looks crap.

Good for first video though, how long have you been practicing?

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
I'm deleting this one and will post a better one at some point. I've never actually watched myself spinning on film and now that I have I realize I need some major practice.

I've been practicing a little over a year Geeza...off and on I should say. I don't get too much time to mess around with my chains thanks to my over-demanding twins =/.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
You should have left it up. Seeing past progress is good for you and other people. I have all my videos from 3 days in where i was doing a poor 2 beat weave and a sort of butterfly. Heres one of my first 1/2 decent ones (after 3 weeks).

(I seemed to be fatter then and also have crappy hair!)

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
Gotta love those LED rainbow strobers...beautious. My video was embaressing...I'm going to post a decent one soon =).

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Haha i have 3 videos up 4 months in, 5 months in, and 9 months in. I cant even watch the first 2 any more and have thought about taking them down...they are so bad.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thats only because you have got better. In that video above i turn from a forward weave to backward like someone has glued my spine together!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I wanna see a better one then, LivingLight. It really did look like you were capable of better, it all just looked rushed. Chuck some cruisy music on and spin, it'll probably look 100x better than the vid you deleted, not that there really was anything wrong with the old one, at a minimum keep filming yourself, when you watch it back you can see how you could be doing better, no matter what level you're at.

(This really is supposed to be encouraging, no matter how many times I try to re-write it, it keeps coming out like I'm being a knob, I dunno, its late, take it as encouragement. Read with optimism)
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1213454507)

hug