Anyone else going?

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

bodhisattvaSILVER Member
my body is a tattooed temple
366 posts

Posted:
i might call in i'm only in halifax

when the body is happy the mind smiles

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

and everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
I've not been since 2001... does anyone know how friendly they are towards spinners now?

If they are friendly, are there enough HoPers to have a meet there?

bodhisattva - if you do decide to go post on here!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
I've spun fire there the last few years. Basically the security are fine with it, but I've never had anything like the level of abuse from drunk idiots anywhere else! We stopped last year because there were groups of 5-10 people rushing us while we were spinning trying to trip us up/make us drop/something?!?

Obviously they were much more likely to get hurt than us, but didn't seem to bother em haha.

Best spots usually the big patch of grass just outside the main entrance to the arena.

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
i usualy work as a steward/security at leeds fest the offical stance is NO FIRE allowed but it depends on who's working the field if its me i dont care i know what its about and how controllable it is i usualy come over and chill with people spinning once ive seen them fom the top of the towers. a word of warning though if the security or stewards are being a-holes about spinning its best not to argue because they can and possibly will confiscate you poi and they also have the ability to evict you from site

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

bodhisattvaSILVER Member
366 posts

Posted:
i'll keep you informed .if i do go it'll be sat aft when i get there

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Apologies for the interruption, but I couldn’t help noticing we have a Bodhisattva on board

Welcome to the Home of Poi.

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

bodhisattvaSILVER Member
366 posts

Posted:
thanks i suppose i should have done an intro , but i'm shy (or is that lazy ?) biggrin