Forums > Technical Discussion > Flowpoi Duo whats good and bad

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Not sure if this is allowed but I thought it a good idea for spinners who are wanting to buy, HOP for when they sell them and Flowtoys in future sales/products.

I got the Duos, 2 air 2 water

Good -

The weight is great, id say a better weight than Oggz/Oggpoi

Very bright

Easy to go through patterns

Great patterns

Handles are excellent (a lot better than nylon and even my worn leather ones)

Instructions are simple

Bad -

Leash is better than nylon but not as good as Colecord

Tapping the battery out as suggested doesnt work (I use a piece of metal to dig it out)

The battery door could be used to get the battery out but i fear one of the little feet will snap off

Interlocking, even the correct way makes a nasty crunching sound sometimes, like the plastic is shattering

Harder than Oggz, so be careful

Overall they are great and im loving them, however I have changed the cords for one metre (each poi) of colecord, added ball bearing swivels and quick links.

Flowtoys should sell Colecord and Ball bearing swivels with their toys, HOP should sell Flowtoys handles with theirs.

The way i have fastened the heads, i can add custom Oggz heads or any other non fire heads - handle, quicklink, swivel, knot where colecord is tied in a loop, knot, colecord, poi head (click link for pic)

Thanks

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/geeza1/flowpoiduo.jpg

Page: