Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I grew up in Michigan, Detroit area.

I grew up with this fantastic ginger ale called Vernor's. It's really strong and Michigan kids love it, it's so gingery that the unaccustomed sneeze when they first try to drink it.

Oh, and there's this soda-pop company called Faygo. In Michigan, a carbonated sweet beverage is a "Pop" ("Soda" in most of the rest of the U.S.) So Faygo made this strawberry flavored "redpop." It was *so* good and it turned your lips super-red and moms hated what it did to clothes. Faygo is only sold in the upper Midwest.

And the corned beef sandwiches in the delis there are *so* good and *so* not like anything I've ever found in New York. Really great Jewish rye bread...

And Dairy Queen. The amazing soft-serve ice cream joints that were only open during the summer.

And then not from where I grew up, I miss Smarties, which are not available in the U.S., but are in Canada and Europe.

What foods do you crave, but don't have regular access to?

From California, I crave See's chocolates and In-&-Out Burger, but I will get my fill of those soon enough.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
PAELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes... but that's another story all together.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Chocolate in all the different types and paprika crisps and proper chips with the many choice of sauces and yummy fresh bread and koffiekoeken.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
We don't get Smarties in the U.S. (Well, we do, but it's a completely different product). I crave UK and Canada Smarties.

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :flyingpenguinni

PAELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

¡Y un buen jamon serrano, coño! biggrin

-Mike

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
MMMMM i dont miss it anymore... i'm in Spain now... Lots of Paella and Jamon Serrano... My colesterol is going to go crazy!

I had to beat him to death with his own shoes... but that's another story all together.

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
Hey Ed i have your Chorizo!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Oye Carola, Te amo! biggrin

Nos vemos en PLAY por una cena espanola wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

flyingpenguinnimember
114 posts

Posted:
aha!! biggrin i love you too!!! I like the sound of that!!

Now that im in Spain i am missing the lovely chocolate of that you have in england guys!! ( I might be an addict)

Page: