Forums > Videos > Anyone know how to create light trails on a video?

Login/Join to Participate

Melemel
Melemel

Total posts: 114
Posted:Can't figure it out.. Maybe not possible?
I have after effects, sony vegas, flash..

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

Delete Topic

AlienJon
AlienJon

enthusiast
Total posts: 290
Posted:In After Effects, I believe it is called 'video echo'... That is a good place to start. Then if you can matte out everything but the color range that the trails are making, and layer that back on top of the original video, so that only the trails get blurry!

-Alien Jon

+Alien Jon

Delete

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Total posts: 719
Posted:I've not used flash for a while, but can you actually put the onion skin tool on the actual video? Cause that would be similiar (but cooler!) that what you're after.

Delete

Melemel
Melemel

Total posts: 114
Posted:Great.. It worked alright in a quick test.
So..

I duplicated the original layer
Then applied time echo to that layer - settings (echo time 0.02, number of echos 9)
Then colour keyed any red bits and other background bits out.
Then set layer blend mode to screen, and layer opacity to 80%

Thanks!

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

Delete

Mr_Chutney
Mr_Chutney

Tosser
Total posts: 1711
Posted:This would make a great arcl;e if someone could flesh it out a it more smile I've been wanting to do this for years smile

Delete