MarissaSTLSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
I have dreads down to the middle of my back...Although I'm not fully ready for fire yet, that is my ultimate goal! So, am I going to set my hair on fire? I definitely do not want to cut them, and wet dreads are just too heavy.... What do you think?

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by :MarissaSTL

I have dreads down to the middle of my back...

me too... biggrin and I think you'll find it quite common around here...

Although I'm not fully ready for fire yet, that is my ultimate goal!

wikkid...!! biggrin

So, am I going to set my hair on fire?

probably... but hopefully only the odd singe or two; pretty much everyone will know the smell and touch of crispy-fried hair at some stage...

I definitely do not want to cut them, and wet dreads are just too heavy.... What do you think?

there's about a ba-zillion threads on this elsewhere on the board, so I'm not going to re-hash it all, for the ba-zillion and one-th time... do a search and you'll get back plenty of helpful hints...

good luck with it all...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

MarissaSTLSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
thanks!! i have read all the previous threads on hair-wrapping and whatnot... I was picturing my whole head flaming up, but I can deal with singeing a few! hehee

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
what i do (mine are shorter then yours) is tie my dreads into a ball, keeps them from getting in the way of everything.

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
The only real way of keeping em outta the way is to ball em on top of your head, but that will really throw off your balance I find.

If I'm performing I'll usually have them all in a big hat, it can get in the way of halo roll style tricks as the hairs all bunched up somewhere unusual, but I'll have practised enough to do it OK anyway.

If I'm just playing I throw some water on em and use a headband to make them stay somewhere near the back. I usually singe the loose hairs off a couple, but they don't get in the way nearly as much, and I can always leap out of the way if I think a staffs got a bit close!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!