Forums > Introductions > A little introduction...

Login/Join to Participate

HilfBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey. I'm Hilf, a female student that's doing okay financially by normal standards. I'm completely new to Poi, and am mainly attracted to fire. I originally decided to pick it up for the haunted house attraction I work in every year. On the thirteenth, and the thirty-first, we always open the house with a carnival-themed performance. There's a fire-breather, men on stilts (mostly dressed as werewolves), and we began talking about poi. There was interest in it previously, but I've never really had any motivation.

So, for the summer, I decided to dedicate myself to learning. And, I figured, who would be better teachers than others human beings? I'm pretty efficient at self-teaching, but I know it'll be a bit rough starting out. Which, really, is why I joined, for that big initial push.

I know this post sounds rather mechanically written. It's strange, writing so formally... Anyways! I hope it'll be fun meeting everyone.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
*push*

Okay, there ya go! tongue

Welcome to HoP! hug

Whereabouts are you from?
I trust you've found the lessons and suchlike on the site-feel free to ask questions about stuff though- there's generally someone who knows the answer (or several people, who know different answers more often wink )

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
*Gidg bounces in on her pogo stick* ... boing ... boing... boing ... boing ...

Welcome to HoP!

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Hello! We'd like to know more about you!! Go to READ THIS FIRST in the intro feed smile

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Welcome. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland