PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, I got inked today for one of those "(name here) Ink" shows. They like what I do for a living and that I had a fire breathing accident, so it was cool.

I'm the "big tattoo" story. 3/4ths of my back.
I've had tats before, but not this big.

I last 4 1/2 hours, and the tattist and my skin gave out before me (my skin swelled and when it does that it won't accept ink anymore).
My next sitting will be just as long and I will be done.

And now I am sitting wrapped in saran wrap on a really hot and humid night feeling like a leftover meal in a microwave.
There isn't alot of pain. The artist is really great with a delicate touch and tonnes of skill so it's not so bad.

The worst is the headache from the adrenaline crash. Nothing I take or do seems to be relieving it.
This is the hardest I have ever crashed before.
I nearly passed out in the grocery store when I was picking up the A&D.
I've had some juice and it seems to have taken away the dizzy light headed-ness.

I've eaten protien, taken aleve and drank juice. I am also laying down but am soooo freakin warm. I'm resisting turning on the air conditioner though.

Any other suggestions?
Please?
hug (but not too tightly! wink )

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Acupuncture?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Get another adrenaline fix. Skydiving? wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
newgabe...that struck me as so funny after being under a needle all day. ubblol It does merit thought. I wonder if my friend who does accupressure is around. Hmmmmm...

FRD. If you've got the plane, I've got the parachute! biggrin

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Glad you got the joke Pele wink

And yes, seriously, it helps! I had a nasty trauma a few weeks ago and crashed bad till I had some.

So do bush flower or bach flower remedies...emergency essence. One of those weird homeopathic type things that shouldn't work but does. Placebo? Even if it is, I reckon the placebo effect is one of the most interesting things in medicine.

Meanwhile, if you can't wander out and pick some up, you might just need to sleep the shock off. Adrenal shock is related to the kidney system (speaking chinese med); it's a hard system to remedy. Sleep, rest, going internal helps. To help a bit, you could do acupressure to the centre of your foot, just under the ball.This one

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
just rest mate, its perfectly normal - your body is stressed and needs a rest

so go with your body and rest

hug