ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hey Every one this is a little sideshow and circus project i have been working on with a few circusie friends. Would love to see some of you there.

Le Petit Sideshow, Canberra’s only sideshow.

You may have seen them at the Corinbank Festival in February 2008, now you have a chance to see them again at their freakiest with some new and exciting acts in the QL2 theatre at the Gormon House Arts Centre.

But you have only one more chance to catch this exciting sideshow, for One Night Only Saturday, June 7, 2008.

There will be three shows through out the day and night, see below for details of each show and booking information.

Petite Circus - 1.30 pm – Circus for everyone

A huge circus sideshow for the whole family, featuring Acrobatics, Juggling, Hula-hoops, Magic, and Real trained performing humans. One show Only.

All Tickets $13 from Street Ticketing https://www.thestreet.org.au - 6247 1223
PLUS! Join us after the show for a Circus Workshop! Have a go at juggling, Hula hooping, Clowning and Human Pyramids, for only $10 just book on the day!

Petite Freakshow - 7.30 pm & 9.30pm – Circus for grown ups

“Prepare to experience another world. A world where circus and freakshow push the limits of the human body. You’ll cringe, you’ll laugh you’ll definitely want to see it again.”

All Tickets $16 from Street Ticketing https://www.thestreet.org.au - 6247 1223

Le Petit Sideshow is brought to you by some of Canberra’s well know circus and theatre performers and some performers that are just making there break on the scene. All proceeds from this production are going to support the development of new multi-arts performance group the Gadgo Family to debut sept 2008.

1431le_petite_sideshow_-_freak 1431le_petite_sideshow

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Good luck
Let us know how it goes. Im thinking of setting up a Cabaret here in Northland NZ also.
Cross fertilising performances?...sounds rude, but I dont mean it that way - it just comes out like that...that too sounds rude. Maybe its just me - sorry!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Thanks!!!
I should have some spiffy Photos to put up after the show.

Oooo the caberet sounds great some of the people i am in this show with have started up a bi monthly caberet style thing it is great fun!!! If your on the face book do a search for "The Hive" if you want a bit of inspiration.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
810 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to give this one last bump to let people who might be coming know that we have just got permission to rig so if you come to the le petite circus show you will get to see some cool static trap as well.

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
OW I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!!!!

if theres a canberra crew i dont know much about that would be keen to meet up in the uni break.. or just meet up in general seeming i dont go to uni anymore..!
please lets be friends? (were from sydney)

atm im working on a couple of sideshows, one called The Dark Circus and The Circusoc Sideshow (yet to be named hehe)
my friends do stuff in like... blockhead, glass walking/eating, fire fetish/feisha, bed of nails, magic, acro juggling and the whole circus thing.
biggrin biggrin and im rather obsessed with the history of circus, especially the sideshow ubbrollsmile

SKILLSHARE? ubbrollsmile

Dark Circus Web

Non-Https Image Link

'FREE HUGGIES!!'