d4rkly_cuteSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Hello,

I'm new in Edinburgh and I was wondering if there is still a gathering in Edinburgh. I looked at an old post, but it directed to me to an Error 404 page (I'm assuming that that page no longer exists).

If there is a gathering, please send me the details.

Thanks.
biggrin

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Heya!

Welcome to the beautiful Burgh!

There is indeed a regular fire meet, its on Monday evenings on the Meadows at the bottom of Middle Meadow Walk. Whenever there is pleasant weather during the day there are always people playing there too.

There are also afew other indoor meets in Edinburgh.

Monday night 7-9pm at TollCross Primary School

Thursday eve at the Uni of Edinburgh Chaplancy ( canne remeber the exact time 4-6 it hink )

Hope to you see ya out there

Paprika.

I know an illusion when I see one !

d4rkly_cuteSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Hi again,

I went to the top and bottom of Middle Meadows Walk yesterday night (around 10-ish in the evening). I figured people would start playing fire once it was dark. At that time, the sun was setting. However, I did not see anyone there.

Did I go there at the wrong time?

If you can let me know when and how to get there (Meadows Walk is a pretty big place), that will be great.

Thanks,

Cary

paprikastranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hello hello!

Hhmmm twas a pretty aweful evening last monday but there where afew of us playing ( albiet a little way from our usual spot, cant remember when we lit up though... ).

OK clear direction!

Walking down Middle Meadow Walk,towards the Meadows away from the city, stop at the base of the hill where the path leads straight on and a number of paths intersect Middle Meadow Walk. We are usually in the large tiangle space ( with an often roped off cricket pitch in the middle ) between Middle Meadow Walk ( HUGE green trees ) and Jaw Bone Walk. ( smaller Cherry Blossom trees ) just ahead and to your right a little. At the moment there is a gigantous pink big top on the East side ( closer to Arthurs Seat ) of Middle Meadow Walk, we are on the other side of Middle Meadow Walk.

Dont restrict play time to the darknes though! Whenever tis sunny there will almost always be at least 1 person playing in the usual spot :-)

Hopefully thats made things clearer....or more confusing maybe.

Il be there this afternoon if you drop by.

Paprika.

I know an illusion when I see one !