Page:
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Barefoot is best!
I’m afraid I have some bad news for you: You walk wrong.

Look, it’s not your fault. It’s your shoes. Shoes are bad. I don’t just mean stiletto heels, or cowboy boots, or tottering espadrilles, or any of the other fairly obvious foot-torture devices into which we wincingly jam our feet. I mean all shoes. Shoes hurt your feet. They change how you walk. In fact, your feet—your poor, tender, abused, ignored, maligned, misunderstood feet—are getting trounced in a war that’s been raging for roughly a thousand years: the battle of shoes versus feet.

want want want!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
It says it in the FAQ on the UK link someone posted.

I'm sure that if you pay them enough they'll custom-fit a pair for you, but if you want affordable ones you'll have to live with the material adjusting to the toes...

Did anyone else ever wonder what happens to the wee plastic bits they punch out of crocs to make the holes?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Dr_Birgit

Did anyone else ever wonder what happens to the wee plastic bits they punch out of crocs to make the holes?

No, but I do now...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Dr_Birgit

I always assumed they were moulded that way and not puched out at all.

On the other hand, I've often wondered how they managed to come up with such a pug-ugly design and managed to sell it to so many people...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Pug ugly and so stiff! No chance of walking decently in them. Like wearing crates. How come Matt Terry makes them look so cool!

meanwhile, back at the fivetoesies thingies. I got all inspired about walking barefoot today so I took off to my local shopping centre across the park and of course, this being Australia, ended up with a foot full of prickles that still hurt!

I Am Definitely Going to Buy some of these Wierd Looking Shoes. Wish they made Sprint in all black though. They are going to look strange enough without red bits. I will look like a tree frog only not cute!

Non-Https Image Link

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
You'd still look cute gabe ubblove

I remember seeing them in black when I first looked at the site...maybe they're just out of stock now or something. Strange!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Great topic! Regular shoes do ruin feet! I side that and guess one reason for that being is that shoes are mass-made for average feet - that don't exist... to walk on unnatural surfaces that ruin the feet even more!

A pair of custom tailored shoes might be the best alternative to five fingers. Mind their price.... eek

Great invention! *books ticket to Europe to get some* wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Silk_the_ElfGOLD Member
37 posts

Posted:
This weekend I hurt my feet hiking in my old boots. I've been needing a new pair for Dagorhir/hiking for a while but I'm soooooooo picky! These look neat though! I would definately wear them hiking and if I could get them in all black I may be able to wear them for Dagorhir.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
They have all black in KSO but not Stride.

Ya when I was young (once upon a time back in the early 70's when they had dinosaurs, kiddies) I walked from Kathmandu to half way up Mt Everest (took about 2 weeks) About half way through the second day day I noticed that the porters were mostly barefoot and doing great. I felt like I was wearing bricks. I promptly gave away my 'proper' hiking boots and did the whole thing in a pair of lightweight tennis shoes with flexible soles. Taught me a lot!

And I don't think $80 is a lot for decent shoes.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
with you there gabe.. $80 is pretty good indeedily

however.. $80 for me at the moment feels like much more wink

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
$80? Ooh, just realised the US stockist half the price of the UK one I found. £40 - Maybe affordable, I need assurances that these things are built to last though!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yup, ordering from the US is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

Price for Sprints (in respective countries)
USD $80
AUD $210
EUR 105

Just to give people a heads up, I'm planning sweet talking a US HoPper if they don't let me ship to Australia wink (which I assume will be the case since I emailed the about getting them in Aus and they sent me a link for the site where they're $210 eek )

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
crap, I assumed they'd ship here... cos $US is pretty close to $AUD these days. Hmmmm I got an idea.

*Just to give people a heads up, I'm planning sweet talking a US HoPper if they don't let me ship to Australia *

" wink

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by :pricklyleaf

$80? Ooh, just realised the US stockist half the price of the UK one I found. £40 - Maybe affordable, I need assurances that these things are built to last though!

plus delivery etc...

think it should still be cheaper to order from u.s and deliver here than pay £80+delivery

life-expectancy is an issue though

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Don't forget the 'import tax lottery' though.

Many classes of goods shipped into the UK from other countries are liable for import tax.

Which means delivery is withheld until customs send you an invoice and it gets paid.

It seems fairly random though, I've made several orders from HOP and, to now, have never got import tax on them.

But I know other people who've ordered stuff from abroad and got hit by quite substantial extra costs for the tax.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
yeah def true dave.

if your getting it delivered to a friendly hopper in u.s tho, you could ask them to wrap it up as a bday pressie for example which should mean it would go through

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Almost anything from the U.S into UK gets import VAT and many things incur duty as well. frown you need to buy from poor countries to get Vat / Duty exempt.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

bodhisattvaSILVER Member
my body is a tattooed temple
366 posts

Posted:
i like them but they are expensive . i usually wear ninja tabi boots , they're well comfy and cheap and you can get thin socks for them so no rubbing

when the body is happy the mind smiles

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

and everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Wel, I tried to buy a pair.

Every pair I tried to buy was out of stock. frown

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League