era_obscurumnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
smile Hey all ,

If your interested there is a fire spin party on the 25th May 2008 at the bandstand , castle field southsea ... meeting at 8 though ppl prob wnt spin fire till later and since the next day is bank holiday expect a long late spin .

You can bring disposable BBQs etc as long as your sensible and clearly dont drink before you spin smile

Maybe see you there

era_obscurumnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hi ,

Was that the lamia one ? that was the first portsmouth one we had been to and I agree we were "surprised" by what we saw ......

Im Chrissy from team inferno .... we have contact the majority of spinners in pomepy to discuss this one (also for risk assesment purposes thankyou Local council frown but all done now ! ) seraphine and lamia will be there who you may know .

Hellfire etc will also be attending , I personally emailled the uni lol as know luke

Hope to see you there and hopefully this one will be better : )

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I might pop along too, just a whizz down the A3 for me smile

Trying to cram in lots of smaller meets this year as seem to be missing everything else apart from Play frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
frown I'm at volksfest that weekend, infact Like durbs I'm missing most meets except FG and SL this year.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

era_obscurumnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hopefully if this one goes according to plan and there is interest we are going to have another in august (end of )

era_obscurumnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
It is regretable I have to announce that this fire night has been cancelled ..... because of Pompey winning the FA Cup there has been an explosion of organised events taking place ... the council have informed us that since our event dosent make any money for them although we told them first about it we cannot go ahead as they need it for some football event thing ..... BUT we are hoping to reschedule sometime soon

Sorry x

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
why not just have a spin on the common? Juggle pompey are having our fire meets on the common now, instead of the war memorial due to a sad increase in chavs and trouble makers at the old location frown . myself and the others MIGHT be there if the weather nice, as we havnt had a spin in a while!

aaaaaand are you the person who emailed the juggle pompey committee? i got an email about this but i have no idea who it was from smile

aaaaaaaaaand spanner cheers for the forum post but we are no longer using that forum - about to switch to a shiney new one hence why no one is posting.

if i could be a busy busy bee...