Forums > Social Chat > American drama obsession

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
Hi, im sketch and i'm a dramaholic. It's been 2 days since my last drama.

I work from home and in the afternoons, half watch T.V. while im working. It helps speed up the day and occasionally sparks some extra creativity. Lately i've been watching american drama's online as it's the only stuff i really get into.

If you watch 3-4 hours a day over 6 months or so (remember it's while im working, not T.V. bingeing(sp?)), you get through them pretty quick, and i find myself in the horrifying situation of being up to date on pretty much all of them! eek
I refuse to watch random boring T.V. and after 2 days of listening to the radio, you've heard every song 5 times.

I call upon you lovely people to help me find undiscovered drama's to make my working life more interesting!

Here is my (incredibly shocking) drama resume.
Prison Break
Lost
Heroes
The Wire
Californacation
Entourage
House
Life on Mars
Dexter (easily the best ever)
Greys anatomy
Weeds
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

There must be some equally epic series floating around that i have not discovered yet, bearing in mind im not so interested in the sitcoms... any suggestions??

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
(pssst, Khan. No one's mentioned Torchwood cause though it kicks booty, it's British wink )

I agree too with Heroes second season. We stopped watching it a few episodes in because of the wide spread lame.

Did you know Pushing Daisies almost didn't survive the whole strike thing? Of all the crap that lives, this one needs to keep going, so long as it doesn't turn lame too!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Pele

Did you know Pushing Daisies almost didn't survive the whole strike thing? Of all the crap that lives, this one needs to keep going, so long as it doesn't turn lame too!

I heard that was getting axed....

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Firefly is awesome.

Firefly news:

The character who played the pilot Wash, I forget his name, has confirmed that he and Joss Whedon are working ona new firefly project. Although considering last time we saw Wash he wasn't too healthy, so who knows what it'll be.

And yeh Pele is right there is a comic inbetween the series and film, check it out, its called 'Those Left Behind'

AWESOME SHOW

I also like, Battlestar Galactica, Lost and Prison Break

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by :PyroWill

Firefly is awesome.

This is a complete lie.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by :_khan_

I'm completely over my Heroes obsession due to the entirely lame and crappy second season.

Written by :pele

I agree too with Heroes second season. We stopped watching it a few episodes in because of the wide spread lame.

ohhhhhhh... don't tell me that...!! well, I'm glad you did, to avoid disappointment, but... I got totally addicted to heroes after downloading and watching the first season in pretty quick succession. I've now got the distinct impression I've completely wasted my time and bandwidth downloading the 2nd, as yet unwatched, season... *sigh*

ahhh, well... the first season stood on its own; although I found the final episode of that kinda weak too... actually, after all build up, very, VERY weak.

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by :jo_rhymes

Written by :PyroWill

Firefly is awesome.

This is a complete lie.

Jo... I love you... but... don't give me reasons to hate you wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Pogo69

Written by :Brenn

Do track down Twin Peaks. I just finished season 1 and was left begging for the second season. It's the most...surreal and dark but strangely humorous at times series I have ever seen.

I think you've managed to make some of us feel old, brenn... cos I'm guessing you didn't see it the first time round, cos you're too young...?
in general, really.

Well, it did come out in 1990-1991... and I would have been just starting primary school tongue

It was one of those series for years afterwards people had raved about, and 18 years later I finally get hold of it. Just as well I saw it now and not at 6...would have been quite impressionable wink

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
ye, you could well be right... tongue

goodness me, I'd finished uni by then... well, my undergrad degree, anyway...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the solidarity, Jo. We can go hang out in minority corner (and watch really good tv... oh crap there I go again).

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Pogo69

goodness me, I'd finished uni by then... well, my undergrad degree, anyway...

*giggle*...and I'd already had Joe and was feeding people's vanities for a living...and going out and getting in trouble...my years in the heavy metal clubs...the only TV I watched was late at night...was during that time that I got interested in Highlander, I believe...came on at 11:30...after the news...I think...my memory isn't what it used to be...too much herbal happiness during those years... ubbloco

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I tried to watch Firefly, Will assured me it was 'awesome'. It was complete and utter drivel.

If others like it, great, but don't say it's awesome when it plainly isn't!! ubblol

Kate, fancy watching 24 with me? wink

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Not drama, per se, but a very leftfield tv series:

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

See it. SRSLY. biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
They made a movie for Twin Peaks...it was very weird

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm probably going to watch the movie next week. I'm two episodes away from finishing season 2....i have NO idea how it's going to end.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Wow...for anyone that watches the original CSI:...the newest one will blow your mind...I kind of figured something of the sort was gonna happen...I won't spoil it...but damn!!! Now that's probably the end of the season...have to wait forever to find out what happens...

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I just finished season 2 of twin peaks.

I'm disappointed it wasn't continued after this, so much is left unresolved.... *shakes fist at Bob*

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by :faithinfire

They made a movie for Twin Peaks...it was very weird

Oddly enough, it's on the Independent Film Channel right now.

Pele

3,556 posts

Posted:
I never saw the series, but the movie, wow, I didn't know exactly what to think afterwards-did you watch it?

Everyone see there's a new xfiles movie

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I saw Twin Peaks and the movie when it first came out, and remember walking away scratching my head.

Does it have David Duchovny fif?

Oh!oh!oh!oh!oh!oh!

If you have a penchant for odd, Dusty, gritty 1940's, travelling carnivals you will want to watch Carnivale

I completely forgot about how obsessed with it I was.

*toddles off to find it on download*

Pele

3,556 posts

Posted:
Yes, David and Gillian are both in it.

Faith

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
Heck yes for 24, Jo. I only saw the first season but I was totally riveted.

Pele I've heard great stuff about Carnivale though I've never watched it. If you find a good place to download it, I might be interested in knowing such information.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Will let you know then!

Pele

Page: