FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
~An elegantly bound book in a language you can't read~
43 posts

Posted:
I've watched the ONLY video I can find until my eyes are about to bleed and read through some old threads, but I am still having the same problem and am hoping for some new/better advice...

It really helped when someone compared the "Low Wave" to the "Mexican Wave" but I can't get the wrists upside down thing. I can get it going but as far as getting it behind my back I'm lost. Can you stand in one place and if so...how do you go about getting the poi from your side to behind your back fluidly? Eh? Eh? Anyone? Thankee sai!~~~Jess

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” -Alice

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
Ok I've realized my main problem is I can't do it without some beats inbetween...I need to know how to go about doing it fluidly...[censored] it, I'll just beat the hell outta myself practicing haha. Advice would be great though anyway, much love poisters!~~~J

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” -Alice

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
Starting off, the right hand is going CCW-UP-Clockwise (making the figure 8)..........the left hand is supposed to be going behind your back and that wrist is supposed to be facing up...do I have that right?

And if so...someone please describe what figure my left hand is supposed to be making and how to get it behind my back with wrists up...GOD I'm confused and have hit myself in the kidney too many times lol.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
You seem to enjoy talking to yourself alot ... You'll do well here wink

(I'd normally say "Do a search" but as you already have, but still posted a new topic, this seems futile)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FoxxyLoveSILVER Member
43 posts

Posted:
I don't enjoy it per se...just trying to talk myself through it I guess LOL whatever helps right? This thread is no longer necessary because I've got the move down so much thanks wink.

wandershroomBRONZE Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
I can use some helpful advice also

welshfairy17stranger
1 post

Posted:
Me too...detailed instructions would be great. Please?

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

A low wave is just a name given to butterfly hip reels.

hug

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
He has a point.

I have a tip, when transitioning into the move, try and keep your hips aligned with the planes of the poi, and try to curl your wrists as each poi goes behind you. Keep the hips straight, and transition out by, once again, moving your hips as well.

Might help?

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile