Forums > Help! > Anyone want to trade poi toys/dvds for ethnobotanicals?

Login/Join to Participate

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
I am new to poi and I would like to make a trade for poi DVDs and toys that you don't use anymore. I have herbs, extracts, and seeds for trade. Check out ethnogarden.com and naturaluniverseinc.com for my trade list.

For the DVDs im looking for ones that teach a newbie how to spin.

Reply here or PM me.

Take care,
Ben

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ethnobotanicals. Fancy word for drug herbs, right?
An offer like yours would depend on where you live/ where others live. For instance, quarantine regulations here in Australia would put the kybosh on randomly importing plant materials of any sort. Good luck learning.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
I look at the plants more as sacraments then drugs. Shipping to Australia is fine with everything other then kratom and amanitas.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
are you sure?
even if it is not a drug law thing you pretty much can't bring any plant or animal material in to australia.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
I've only had returns with Amanita mushrooms. Kratom is illegal there so its on the no ship list.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
but have you been declaring all plant and animal material to customs?
i really hope so.

Australia has a very unique and sensitive environment. Because of its early separation from the other main country's of the world and because of its distance from other large country's we don't have a lot of the plant and animal disease or noxious weeds that other country's have. This is why we have such stringent quarantine laws.

Even one seed can effect one of our eco systems so please please declare any thing you are bringing in to Australia or any other country.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
All of the seeds/herbs I would be willing to OZ you can already get from Tortsten at .shaman-australis.com.au

Anyway if anyone has some toys for trade I am still looking. If you want to know what kind of trader I am feel free to ask over at spiritplants.org

-ben

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
its not necessarily wether that plant already exists within our country. though that does play a part, seeds and other plant materials can be a host to other things that, though they may not be a problem with you, could cause devastation.. whats one cane toad gona do to australia hey? please.. declare your plants.

good luck learning smile

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
Okay NO trades to oz and nl

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
Wasn't it the aus gov that brought in the cane toads?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Yeah.. and *one* wouldn't have done any harm.. Methinks Mr Pineapple should have paid more attention in biology.. It does take a mummy toad and a daddy toad to make billions of toads that poison and eat the native wildlife, 'y'know.. tongue

And they do let *some* seeds in, depends on the seeds and whether or not they're treated first.. There's a lot of regs though.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
And eve then they're not always allowed in: I've had treated wood confiscated at customs. The wanker even admitted that yes, it was treated wood, but he still wanted me to pay to have it stripped, then re-treated.

Customs do a good job, but some are just out for powertrips.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Guys - this person is a new spinner - wants to learn - maybe help them out rather than lecturing on Oz and NZ's (from the sounds of it) slightly paranoid view on immigration smile
I dont have any DVD's but I suggest you having a look on the Video tutorials here on HOP (main bar) and also the many tutorial vids in Video section - Good luck with your spinning

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Roach, try purchasing one of the great vids available on this site eg Scales of Poi or Encyclopoidia. They aren't dear. To be honest, Roach, most of the people on this site probably use their toys.. the one's who've stuck em on the top of the cupboard and can't be bothered anymore are also likely not here!

Sheesh, FNix, at least us Ozzies replied! And it's quarantine not immigration tongue
and its not paranoid. Most of our laws I'd bin tomorrow.. but not quarantine...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Immigration was ajoke about the Cane toads and I knew you'd bite...... wink hug
Youre right though - wheres all the Pommes wanting to trade DVD's for drugs ubbloco
Love ya ubblove

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

roachSILVER Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
Ya I think I will just buy some DVDs. The computer I use doesn't have sound and I feel I could learn more if I could hear what is being said.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
id recommend scales of poi

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Lol. Get sound for your PC, buy some earphones or something, the content on the internet is free and ever expanding, its fantastic. Aside from that, make a pair of socks, get half a cup to three quarters of a cup of rice(If you want them heavyish) two balloons(Get helium quality or get some nice big balloons) also have a funnel and a pair of socks that're colourful... or not... whatever you want your poi to look like! biggrin Put the rice in the balloons using the funnel, stick em in the socks, cut the socks off to a length that can pass within your arms (This can be a bit tricky because the socks WILL stretch a lot, just make sure they're both the same size, when they start to stretch have them too long rather than too short, work out which grip works for you best and cut to that. Tie them off before you cut!) and there you go... a pair of poi at around the cost of shipping a pair to you! biggrin Theres a tutorial of how to make poi here on HoP somewhere.

hug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
roach, u shoulda been at Entheogenesis Australis
https://www.entheo.net/
biggest gathering of entheobotany community i've ever been to. plant trade, lectures on science, law and culture of botany (Denis McKenna was flown in to give a talk) and a fire show!
maybe see u next time it happens?
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
lol, I just wrote a whole post on how to circumvent Australian quarantine, when I kinda realised that I was telling somebody how to potentially introduce foreign plant or even insect species into our fair nation. lol. Most of what you would have to offer Australia would be either readily available, through stores like happy high herbs, or sites like www.australianethnobotany.com. That aside, I would have moral issues with you trading mind-altering substances for poi dvds. Not because I'm against such substances, but I don't think you should have to pay to learn. Check out my tutorials on youtube, they're aimed at newbies, and won't cost you anything. www.youtube.com/user/nathanieleverist

If they help you and you feel compelled to "donate" something, PM me and we'll discuss Australian quarantine lol. joking... or am I?....