willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Any chance anyone could explain Chuu Chuus to me? I'm stuck not being able to view videos on the web for the next month at least so can't go looking for example vids, a text explanation will give me something to be baffled by for a while.

If the trick looks anything as fun as the name I'll be a happy boy smile

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
from what i can tell chuu chuus are 2 pendulums, which is one end of a staff moving in a circle and the other end moving in a line connect that with a one beat and it looks like the drive mechanism of a train.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
yeah, they are actually pretty easy. Describing them... not so easy. Here's a go:

with your left hand do a 1 beat. Probably best to do it out to your side in wallplane while facing some mirrored surface. May wanna hold it out from your body a bit if you have long staffs.

this is the "wheel" of the train that you are making. Ever look at a train? ever see the drive wheel? you got this metal rod that has one end attached to the wheel and that rotates around with it. The other end is attached to another rod that only moves linearly (forward and back). So in this case, your other staff (the right hand one) is going to be the first metal rod (attached to the wheel). And one end of the the right hand staff is going to follow one end of your left staff. However your right hand staff is NOT going to make "spin" circles. While the 1 end (we'll say the top end, which is the side extending from the top of your fist) follows the left staff, the bottom end moves in a straight line in a left to right to left to right etc motion. Essentially the bottom end of your right staff acts as the pivot point for the right staff.

All in all it looks like the fill drive wheel setup of a train, one wheel with a rod that follows it around.

Another good way that may work for you is to think of a piston in a car engine. One end moves linearly, the other moves in a circle.

Then you can get into R-types and other crazy mess that is strictly for nerds but way fun once you understand it ;-)

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anXncguNjfs

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Ah, I'm pretty sure I understand that, thanks guys I'll try it out tonight smile

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
This is a silly, silly move, but its been keeping a smile on my face the last couple of days. I think I'm doing it right (sorry MCP, video sites are blocked so I couldn't view your post), and its loads of fun switching which staff does the "follow" movement. So yeah, ta!