Forums > Help! > Buying the GLOWing Jailhouse POI!!

Login/Join to Participate

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
Hello, i'm thinking of buying this Poi through the site and i was wondering if it is a good thing, asking for advice, tgood and bad things with it...

i know there is some expression about it when you look at hte page that dxescribe this poi, thought i'd like to hear fresh ideas and knowing if they can deliver it to Broome Australia, or could it be better if i give an adress in perth and ask someone to send it to me up to broome?

i'm a beginner, thinking about doing poi professionaly (love it so much) and this poi looks good and poeple say it's easy handling and good for beginers.

my main quesiton is: how long do the balls glow for?

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hiya and welcome! Can't help you with the poi themselves, though the description says "10hrs+ battery life". I don't assume shipping will be a problem if you get mail at all where you live wink

As for what to do with your poi - that's what this forum is there for. Go in the beginners section of the poi part of the forum, and you'll get no end of ideas of what to do with your shiny poi. Also check out the videos and lessons.

Finally, the social discussion is not really for that kind of thing - either post it under "help" or under "technical discussion" next time if you have a question about the poi - I've moved it to "help" for now, it might get a bit more attention there! smile

Good spinning!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Buy the poi, they're awesome.
Course, I find that my spinning really improved when I had as many sets as I could get.... strings, stretchy, socks, stockings, balls... buy professional if you can, and then make as many sets as you can think of (I have about 20 permenant sets + many 'temporary'... made from fruit, car-keys, water bottles, whatever).
I think this helps you to consider weight and length a lot more sub-consciously, and extendes the practice sessions... since you are less likely to get bored.

Again, the poi from here are great... definately one of my favourite smile
hug

x

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
thank you you two... birgit i'm sorry for the location... hum, can we change the battery when it's over then? or you've got to buy new balls everytime?

i've watched the videos, and even though i bought my poi saterday i can do (come on, a bit of self pride can't be bad, could it?) many things, i don't even know the name. but well, for what i know is the chase in foward and reverse, such as the butterfly, the alternative one, and behind the head! wouOU, i have so much fun!

so those poi are great for sure, i'm gonna buy them i reckon but it a while, i'm out of the world for 2 weeks, fortunalty, i've got my poi! (that i do with some socks as well looper!)

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Have been resisting answering because I'm biased(!) but now there's a couple of other responses I think it's fair. ANd I'll try and be as unbiased as possible!

firstly - Yes, you can change the batteries when they run out of life. They're available on the site too.

the poi themselves - they are one of our most popular poi. But some people do complain that they are too stretchy. Others love the stretchiness. Personal choice I guess, but the majority we hear from love them stretchy. If one doesn't like stretchy poi then we have the cone poi available - but the material doesn't let LED light shine out as brightly. Ah well, we can't have everything I guess biggrin

I hope this helps. ubbrollsmile

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
thank you! i'm happy now, next step after my 14 days out of the world, buy those! hum, question coming to my mind now. will a pair still be available in 14 days, or is it a limited stock?

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
they'll be there when you get back biggrin

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
wouOU, there i am back, ready to spent money

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am one of the ones who doesn't like the stretchiness, but I took care of that by tieing knots in them to reduce the amount of length available to stretch. wink

They are fun and have a nice effect.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ReivaXGOLD Member
27 posts

Posted:
thank you, i just ordered them... haha, can't wait!!