Forums > Social Chat > You know you work in ... when:

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
You know you work in St Kilda when someone doesn't even bother going into the bathrooms to snort cocaine.

I know this is traditionally done with work industry, but I laughed so much when that happened last night I had to bend the rules! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
you know when you work in a pub/bar when you find yourself clearing tables out of work

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
You know you work in a circus school when the students think that your scissors would be a perfect tool to scrape off the chinese pole rubber with, then looked shocked when they break, and hand them back to you guiltily and ask if you have another pair....... rolleyes

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
you know your a maths student when you know how to prove that the axiom of choice is equivilant to the wellordering principle, amongst other things...

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
You know you work in a restaurant when you strat your shift around the same time most people end theirs.

Kupo!

0nimember
59 posts

Posted:
i think you know you work (or worked!) in a restaurant when you go out to eat and neatly stack all your dishes when you're finished :B that might be the same thing as what someone up there said, but in amrikin instead of ozlander.

you know you are a goldsmith when your fingers are black for days on end, and no amount of scrubbing will clear the grit from under your fingernails ;L

DEAD FREEDOM
if you've forgotten how to scream, then scream here and live here

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
You know yer a fire spinner when you can tell the difference between burnt head hair and burnt beard.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
You know you work in St Kilda when you've been at work for less than half an hour and someone offers you drugs.

And you know you work in St Kilda (East) when you find out that the wedding cake you were eating at the Israeli wedding in the function room contained 10g of cocaine in the icing...

I found that out tonight. I didn't really know what to say! I knew they were all snorting coke in the bathrooms but I never thought they'd put some in the icing!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
You know your a custodian when you are plunging teh clogged toilet at a party.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
You know you work as a sociologist when you answer every questions with:
"I don't think one can pose the question like that. [then bla-bla, then:] But that is of course only my opinion and I do not represent the whole population. In fact, I only represent a small social group. Persons with a different gender, socio-economic-status, or cultural background might see that differently. I'm glad we spoke about that."

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
You know you work in hospitality when you start to loathe people, a worrying trait when I'm studying to be a psychologist.

Kupo!

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
You know you work in conservation when you can empathize with Sisyphus. Or that you could do half the work for twice the money if you just sold your soul to a mining company (hey, you only have to assist in making whole ecosystems go extinct). Honestly, if I had the skills I'd run away and join the circus (any circus out there need a slightly jaded & very cynical botanist?). Sorry, it's been one of THOSE months.

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
You know you work in hospitality when vodka redbull has lost its effects and you don't even remember the last time a coffee kept you awake.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
You know you work for UPS as a sales representative when you wake up in the middle of the night, sweating and screaming - because you just accepted a commercial package to Nigeria - in your dream.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Oh yes: and when you get woken up by the walkie-talkie in-built alarm system next to you, because you put it flat on the floor - taking a nap - but nobody else cares sh*t, you shouldn't be working as a watchman on nightshift.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

harasuSILVER Member
journeyman
51 posts

Posted:
You know you're a fourth grader (final year) when you do the driving course, party whole weekends away because one of your friends turns 18 or gets driver's licence and are neurotic because of too many people (including poth-smoking school counsellor) asking you what college you want to go to and you have absolutely no idea what to say.

Oh, the precious teen years (:

Commander Schutz: Strange, and I thought you were an Aryan.
Jewish Barber: No, I'm a vegetarian.

Page: