Forums > Meet Others > WASHINGTON DC surrounding areas!

Login/Join to Participate

SwiftspinGOLD Member
4 posts

Posted:
Im 20, I've been doing poi for 2 years and I moved to Winchester VA from miami FL about a year ago. I had an awesome poi and staff spinning group there and im looking to start another one up around the DC area. Im looking for experinced poi spinners to meetup with and possibly light up with as well. It just really sux to be spinning alone all the time because poi is a big part of my life and I'd really love to experience some gatherings so i can possibly learn or teach some. Poi is unheard of around where I live, so anyone around intrested or anyone know of any poi meetups in the DC area plz let me know im sick of spinning alone

ACTSILVER Member
enthusiast
318 posts

Posted:
There are some spinners in the area. I'm in PA if you ever wanna join us up here.

Don't hate me because I am different, hate me because I still think I am better then you!

Silk_the_ElfGOLD Member
37 posts

Posted:
Swift,

I'm in Springfield. (You know, where that horribile interchange is.) I don't get around much and I don't have a safe place to spin fire (I haven't started with fire anyway, I'm waiting to try it with my friend who has been at it for several years.)

I don't have regular transportation so I'm not likely to be able to go to any meets on a regular basis, but I would love to meet area spinners! I know that DC has a group called DC Burners if you do a google search you should be able to find them.

Also, my buddy with the fire experience lives a bit west of you in WV. I'll talk to him and see if he knows any burners nearby.

ACT,

I visit the Phila / NJ area often, but when I do it is to spend time with family and my daughter, who lives with her daddy (long story). I would be able to go to a meet there some weekend if it would be safe to bring a seven year old.
EDITED_BY: Silk_the_Elf (1210618968)