Forums > Social Discussion > Reply to bluecats thread which currently seems to be unpostable in

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
reading this-

[Old link]

and this-

[Old link]

i felt the need to make comment, but, the reply button would not work on either, so I guess they've been locked?

From the perspective of a (long-standing) member of the HOP community, i felt it was important to put forward two points-

1. why some may feel the need to talk about the banning of another long-standing member of the community, not necessarily to criticise those who made that decision, but, simply because that is what community members do when someone is exiled- they feel the need to talk about it

2. address the posted comment by a mod that, from the perspectice of a mod, any discussion of said members banning, is necessarily disrespectful to the mods

To elaborate on point 2, IMO, the discussion on the threads that have been removed or locked, did not come across as disrespectful to the mods.

To question a decision is not necessarily disrespectful.

It's true that the banning of NYC has gone largely unnoticed, till now. But, now, it has very much been noticed and, to expect this community to not talk about it, is, IMO, unrealistic.

There may be very good background reasons why it's seen as best for no discussion to take place, but, obviously, from the perspective of the community, those reasons are not known.

I know it's a difficult thing to make judgements on.

The main thing I want to say is that I find it very unpleasent when multiple threads are locked or removed, when, in my eyes, they contained nothing offensive.

I would also like the mods to examine the possibility that the pulled/stoped discussions are actually not disrespectful to HOP or the mods, but are simply members of the community discussing something which is important to them.

I'm assuming that this thread is not also going to be seen as disrespectful- it's certainly not intended as such.

If threads discussing this chain of events are going to be systematically pulled or locked, then, like many here, I'm going to be wondering whether I'm part of this community any more.

A community talks- that's the point of it.

If that talk is abusive, damaging, hurtful, then it has to be pulled- no questions about it.

But I'm concerned that what is developing here is the pulling of stuff that is not at all abusive, damaging or hurtful.

Banning someone for good reasons is one thing, but expecting the community to 'never again utter their name' is dodgy as hell smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
wow - alls quiet for like 6 months, and then I take a couple of weeks (mostly) off and I come back to this.

I think there's some great points about lack of transparency in banning.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by :mcp

Doesn't it worry people that respected old-school members of the community are worried about getting their threads locked? (Even when written diplomatically) The new members of the community probably aren't going to dare start a thread on anything even close to a controversial issue even when they have legitimate concerns.

Is this form of self censorship what you want hop to be?

Family friendly is a very politically charged idea anyway, but now we can't even discuss how hop works. We just have to hope that the secret police don't disappear you and your threads.

i know this thread has been quiet for three days, but after reading it i've become concerned and feel the need to express my agreement with meg on that particular point. I wouldn't call myself a new member of hop - i've been here for three years, but i have only just started to explore the discussion forums. I find that it's not that i wouldn't 'dare' to start a controversial discussion after this, but rather, i find myself asking what would be the point if freedom of speech/opinion (yes, obviously it should be diplomatic) isn't respected? Because then, surely, it ceases to be a discussion and suddenly the fundamental ideals behind a discussion forum that make it work are lost.

If issues can't be discussed without censorship then maybe the secret police are out and about afterall shrug

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Incidentally, Where are Mog and Mop?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
meg's in the vulcan agains... with the arashi, yuta, andy house, chris 'rovo' bailey, ian smith, noelski, greg maldonado, mireneye, olive, mikey icon, alien jon and tonight, ronan and imakokode. biggrin

well gotta go, big mirror and such like to practise in front of. biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by :TastesLikePurple

i know this thread has been quiet for three days, but after reading it i've become concerned and feel the need to express my agreement with meg on that particular point. I wouldn't call myself a new member of hop - i've been here for three years, but i have only just started to explore the discussion forums. I find that it's not that i wouldn't 'dare' to start a controversial discussion after this, but rather, i find myself asking what would be the point if freedom of speech/opinion (yes, obviously it should be diplomatic) isn't respected? Because then, surely, it ceases to be a discussion and suddenly the fundamental ideals behind a discussion forum that make it work are lost.

If issues can't be discussed without censorship then maybe the secret police are out and about afterall shrug

I wouldn't worry about starting up new threads on controversial issues- thread locking is very rare on HOP, which is one reason I'm still here as I'm not interested in contributing to forums where thread locking is common.

The thread that was locked that sparked all this off was not so much controversial, more something to do with board politics which, apparently, some people felt had been swept under the carpet and no one had noticed; it came out and, in hindsight, I think most would agree that it could have been handled better.

But, the fact that it has kicked up such a fuss, is indicative of the rarity of thread-locking on HOP.

And, after the discussion on this thread and others, including one where the mods requested feedback (which indicates that they are serious about how board members feel about their decisions), I would think that future thread-locking is even less likely to occur.

So, post away smile

However controversial your thread is, if it's non-offensive and discussed politely, you'll not get any problems.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:

meg's in the vulcan agains... with [lots of cool people] biggrin

Damn you. Thrice.

That is all.

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
and i'm in the highlands of scotland, building a mini burning man for beltane biggrin

and it's sunny outside, so.....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Look_This_Changes

meg's in the vulcan agains... with [lots of cool people] biggrin

Damn you. Thrice.

That is all.

I second your damning and would like add a:
:Shakesfistangrily:

offtopic wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I wish it were merely sunny outside here, and not burnerating.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Glåss

Asking for the stable door to be re-opened after the horse has bolted?

NYC is NOT coming back. For fairly obvious reasons, he has no interest in coming back.

Just to repeat it: I liked the way NYC put things into a different perspective and the way he assisted noobs - this are the two reasons why I would love to see him back. Apart from that I didn't enjoy being his target. If he "for fairly obvious reasons has no interest in coming back"...

Then what is all this about? umm

Meg's having a conversation with NYC, finds out he's banned (for his own actions), starts a thread (tongue in cheek) 'innocently' asking "btw where is the old chum?" A few ppl get upset (for their own reasons). [Sidenote]Have you noticed that he's gone? Have you sent him PM's or eMails? Bothered to contact him prior to this?[/sidenote]

One thread about a topic that so far nobody has bothered about gets locked, a second thread about the same topic gets locked and "fire in the hole"...???

Personally I shouldn't care less whether or not "the now legendary" MCP regards me "as the less beneficiary member of this board" - but I can't fight the impression that you simply seem to fall for her s***stirring... whilst she's already cosingly working on the next plot? Anybody in here questioning her motifs? Anybody?

(btw: "the now legendary"... for what? Trolling?! shrug )

Really makes me wonder: Is this really about the ban of NYC, Pele as a mod, locked threads, mods in general, alleged censorship, bruised or brushed egos or is this simply about "drama"? confused
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1209488447)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I wonder what world you live in Firetom when you think I care enough to be working on plots about HOP. Dude it's really not worth it. And yeah, go on and explain to me what you have done for Hop?

And I like how you cast aspersions on the other members friendship with NYC. I don't think you have any right to do that.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Tom, You managed to quote the wrong part of Glass' post... read the paragraph that came after your quote...

You might understand a bit more then. smile

Be Water My Friend.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
LTC: Ditto biggrin

Written by :FireTom

"the now legendary" MCP ....Anybody in here questioning her motifs?

I quite like them, especially the MCCP t-shirt and the communist fist holding the staff in front of a star. I don't think that it means she is a real communist, nor supporting the (failed) communist ideal, I think that they are just a bit of fun. I did consider questioning them in an existentialist sense, and I decided that they do exist, so that answered that.

You might consider that paragraph is off topic. I think the point is, that I read my post and I read yours. I'm not sure that the evidence presented suggest that you did either, please do, and I'll be happy to continue the discussion.

Apart from that I didn't enjoy being his target.

Perhaps you would like to elaborate on that? It seems interesting, but the relevant posts appear to have been deleted in/before Oct 08.

biggrin

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

Really makes me wonder: Is this really about the ban of NYC, Pele as a mod, locked threads, mods in general, alleged censorship, bruised or brushed egos or is this simply about "drama"? confused

It's about locked threads and nothing to do with drama (IMO).

Firetom, some, including me feel (being diplomatic here, simply saying how I feel, not necessarily what is the case) that you have some kind of innate talent for pushing peoples buttons.

I'm actually fairly sure that it's not your intention to wind anyone up, but, it's undeniable that, for some, the effect is there, sometimes to the most extreme degree.

Having read what little is left on the board between you and NYC, i've got to say the expression 'there but for the grace of God go I' jumps to mind.

Luckily, during our recent troubles on the gun thread, I did the sensible thing, bit my tongue and took it to the mods, rather than saying what I felt like saying and (possibly), getting myself banned.

(and it really does take a lot to wind me up)

Having seen the effects of your posts on some, would it not be a good idea to ask yourself if, rather than it being mainly their fault, is there something that you're putting out that's contributing to this?

I'd suggest that this-

[Sidenote]Have you noticed that he's gone? Have you sent him PM's or eMails? Bothered to contact him prior to this?[/sidenote]

could be the kind of thing to consider easing back on. It's not at all constructive is it? and, for those sensitive to it, it could well push their buttons.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Oh I don't know what anyone is talking about. Tom push buttons, never bounce

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:

Although I do think that there's a large amount of bruised ego going on, I agree that this seems to be largely about drama.

And I don't understand why this thread had turned to anti-tom.

I've had differences of opinion with Tom before. He's pissed me off before. But I didn't think that it was worth the drama, so I moved on. So he has a different opinion to me? I'll build a bridge.

How boring would it be if we didn't have to build bridges every now and again in our lives? We'd be stuck on the same bank forever.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
ditto What rouge said! We are all different, have different opinons and express ourselves in different ways. Sometimes, quite often really, it seems to me that it's the way things are said, rather than what is actually being said, that seems to push people's buttons and then people start to misinterpret things... observations get seen as opinions, well-meaning humour gets seen as a sarcastic comment, etc, etc.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ditto

Maybe I seem to polarize with my way of putting things, maybe it's my "German rudeness" (saying "can" instead of "could")...? shrug

Meg:

When questioning your motifs, I was referring more to "your reasons" wink and maybe I have to rephrase it so you understand what I mean:

First you start a thread "Speaking of it, where is NYC?" or something like that... only later you admit that you have talked to him personally and you make some comments into my direction. To me this is not a straightforward approach, but a bit cheeky. The thread gets locked (for certain reasons other members don't agree with), the topic resurfaces as Rob is not satisfied with the comments and wants to have/ insists on a public discussion regarding NYC's ban. I have not read into this thread, was on the road and it gets locked for the same reasons your thread got locked (the Mods decisions are the Mods decisions). OWD does put this back on the agenda and it gets tolerated, mainly because HoP seems NOT to censor their members as long as they keep within posting guidelines... That's the history leading to "now".

Yet you find me quite surprised about your "subtle" comments in my direction, Meg. Remember back in the days when we had a small argument regarding your and NYC's (hostile) comments towards Brit_Joe? I tried to moderate between you guys, after publicy defending him (prior he made some really unskilled remarks). As (IMO) you seemed to shift your focus on me, I put it off the record and exchanged PM's with both of you.

Your response was something like: "nah, you don't have to appologise. I took that last post as a joke! I don't have you ignored. I was gonna reply, but you semed cool so I thought I didn't need to. Intelligent argument is what you have that brit_joe couldn't even conceive of, so there's no need to ignore you. Half the fun of Hop is watching the veterans get into arguments, well it was when I was a noob. and in fact it still is now, though I get involved in them now. Don't worry, you'll never piss me off as much as NYC can piss me off."

Somewhere in the archives I still have NYC's reply but I won't post it, as he's not here to respond to it.

You find me a bit puzzled about your approach towards me and the style in which you seem to push our buttons on this board. As stated previously: I don't question your expertise and much likely you're a nice person in RL - I don't finally "judge" you upon your posts either. Hence I wonder why you chose such an aproach and turned this against me, without asking the mods prior.

A "skillful way" (IMHO) would have been to ask the Mods directly what triggered their decision to have NYC banned, instead of "trolling" (dragging long time members of this board into a heated, emotional debate). If the answer was not to your satisfaction you could still have started a petition to get NYC "back"... But that's just me, Meg. shrug

What have I contributed to this board? That's a good question and I'm not able to answer it without falling into the booby trap. Maybe you start a thread called "What has Firetom contributed to HoP (and the fire community as a whole)" and in that have the members of this board vote whether they would still like me to participate here or not?

I will certainly obey the public opinion.

[edit] you have never met me personally, Meg. You take your opinion exclusively from this board, or have you spoken to people who met me personally? Ronan, Arashi, Andy (Poibox) had... maybe you ask their (first hand) impression about me before casting a verdict?
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1209548488)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

Written by : FireTom

Apart from that I didn't enjoy being his target.

Perhaps you would like to elaborate on that? It seems interesting, but the relevant posts appear to have been deleted in/before Oct 08. biggrin

I can't quite elaborate as much as I would want to, as NYC is not here to participate and it directly involves him. I was asking the Mods and got asked in return (out of fairness towards NYC) not to quote his comments and actions in that direction.

Have you ever felt heat rashes by reading into somebodies posts towards you? Have you ever dreamt of HoP and the negative opinion that some members (repeatedly) express towards you? Have your posts remained in your head over and over again, echoing all and the next few days?

It might sound "funny" (strange) to you, but I can feel (some) ppl reading my posts and directing (certain) energy towards the image they have formed of me.

You may say: "So why, Tom, why don't you stay away from HoP?"

I respond: Because HoP is not just negative for me. I have promoted HoP to every noob I initiated to Poi ever since it started being HoP. I promoted it to everybody who approached me to teach them "new tricks". Myself I only signed on later, because I was not "into" the internet and actively I started posting way after I signed on... Got my beatings from the very start, can tell you that much.

Quote Firetom:
> However all this being the reason that I would like to renew my stance to the mods that
> -- I WOULD LOVE TO SEE NYC BACK ON THIS BOARD!
> and would hereby "officially" ask the mods, George and Malcolm to review the decision taken.

Asking for the stable door to be re-opened after the horse has bolted?
NYC is NOT coming back. For fairly obvious reasons, he has no interest in coming back.

Having researched carefully (in Jan), and spoken with and e-mailed several of the parties involved.
In my opinion, in 9 1/2 years this is the worst event that has happened to the community in the history of the HOP forums. The damage done to the HOP community and is a sad thing to see, and will take a long time to regrow that which is lost.

In the last few days, it appears that shutting thread and attempting to publicly gag any discussion about a topic does not seem to be making it "go away" - it seems to be fanning the flames further.

George: Thanks for your explanation - sorry for not writing a full reply. Yep, I think we both knew these threads were coming - I'm surprised it took 4 months.
With what comes next..... Good luck.

Nope I don't have an answer either.
grouphug

Actually NYC's ban is older than 4 months - just in case you haven't noticed. I had intense debates with him 12 months ago and was asked to ease it, back off. I deleted my posts in the political correctness thread (as other ppl delete theirs) as they haven't been on topic, were derailing the thread and created a nasty atmosphere. I won't check what NYC did with his, but you can check if you like. Maybe you get some clues on your own.

NYC's ban is a loss to this board - no question. I side that statement. But NYC will find means to contribute to the community of firespinners and poiplayers online. HoP is not the only board. If he decides not to come back even though HoP would open the doors to him, then maybe this is more about him than about HoP or the HoP community.

If he doesn't come back, because I am still here and even though I am stating that I have no hard feelings towards him, then maybe he has not reflected on his own and the actions that contributed to his ban.

The mods have explained that it was not just his debate with me, that triggered this decision. So why are you aiming this exclusively at me? Am I the scapegoat that dares to stick his neck out?

------------------------------------------------------
People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by : OWD

Luckily, during our recent troubles on the gun thread, I did the sensible thing, bit my tongue and took it to the mods, rather than saying what I felt like saying and (possibly), getting myself banned.

Do you know how often I bit my tongue and eased off? How can you judge (me) on your own projections? I too have some great talent of reading things into posts that have not been said (in this way)... I too have to restrain myself from reacting to these projections.

If I can't and words slip my hands, if I hit the "send" button just that tead too early, later review my words and come to the conclusion - or (worse) other people have to tell me that what I've been writing was just "off" - I have little problem in admitting that.

Why?

Because I know that I do NOT hold the ultimate wisdom and that I do mistakes. I accept that from everybody else. Which is why I was telling the mods IMMEDIATELY (back then when they told me that NYC got banned) that I truly hope that this decision is not based on my notification. They assured me that it wasn't.

I am asking (on a sidenote) what people do to stay in touch with friends. That's no accusation or meaning to offend anyone. Times are fleeting and we live our lives - tell me about it. All I'm doing is asking. I honour your opinion that you do not regard it as constructive - hence IMHO it will make some ppl think about their way of dealing with "friends". It is the truth and might even make some ppl contact some of their friends that they have not spoken to in a long time see whether they are still alive, therefore improve and even build better friendships.... hopefully it has this effect and does not cause resentment.

Have you ever thought of how many buttons you pushed? Has anyone ever "dared" to tell you? How did you react to it? [ed]do you remember how you reacted to my approach to clarify matters off public/ by PM?[/ed] Faith, have you ever "pushed buttons"? Has anyone "dared" to tell you ever?

[ed]Reminds me of the stonage scene in "Life of Brian" wink [/ed]

Written by : Rouge

How boring would it be if we didn't have to build bridges every now and again in our lives? We'd be stuck on the same bank forever.

hug Thanks for the facebook invitation hug Yes, I do feel mainstream, but with all the resistance I receive here I at least feel like an outcast...

"It's hard to like those who dislike you - but they can be your greatest teachers."

meditate
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1209555763)

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
*checks thread title* Vague enough.. Lets go!!

[IMO mode:initiated]
A noobs 2cents:

It seems to me that misinterpretation can be blamed for everything thusfar addressed, well.. that and maybe a little online-persona clash. On t'internet? Surely not I hear you say.

And with no further headway to be made into the initial cause (with good reason), where exactly is this trying to go?

Yes we're all different, hopefully we can all not just accept that but enjoy it. Maybe even learn a thing or two in the process.

It's easy to challenge others opinions, so tread gently lest you try to hard. It's only when challenging our own opinions that we can afford to be carefree.

Firetom. I highly value your opinion, alongside anyone else kind enough to contribute, and look forward to years of ultimate wisdom... nothing less. Keep it coming biggrin

Have you ever thought of how many buttons you pushed

I wish someone would push my buttons once in a while ubbrollsmile

Let's keep the word discuss in mind in social discussion. *suggests adding a social persuasion/convincing section for everything else* wink

[IMO mode:disengaged]

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

I am asking (on a sidenote) what people do to stay in touch with friends. That's no accusation or meaning to offend anyone. Times are fleeting and we live our lives - tell me about it.

Your post-

Meg's having a conversation with NYC, finds out he's banned (for his own actions), starts a thread (tongue in cheek) 'innocently' asking "btw where is the old chum?" A few ppl get upset (for their own reasons). [Sidenote]Have you noticed that he's gone? Have you sent him PM's or eMails? Bothered to contact him prior to this?[/sidenote]

In a post directed to a friend of NYC, to someone who is obviously a bit put out that he's been, not only banned from a forum that he'd been part of for many years, but, additionally, with a set of thread lockings which, some feared, where an effort to sweep the whole thing under the carpet- you just decide to ask, out-of-the-blue (in the same sentence!), what people do to stay in touch with their friends?

And, you really think that there's no aspect of button-pushing in there?

Fair enough- if that's what you say you believe, then I'm not going to disagree with you.

Nevertheless, take it from me, whatever your intention was, that post is a 'button-pusher'.

The thought process will probably be something along the lines of 'what business is it of yours how I/we choose to stay in contact with online friends- who are you to judge and imply that just because we may not have pm'd NYC recently, that somehow indicates a weak friendship'?

Your post was guaranteed to wind-up the person it was directed to and, if you do not want to wind people up, you need to thnik about posting stuff like that.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:

What have I contributed to this board? That's a good question and I'm not able to answer it without falling into the booby trap. Maybe you start a thread called "What has Firetom contributed to HoP (and the fire community as a whole)" and in that have the members of this board vote whether they would still like me to participate here or not?

I will certainly obey the public opinion.

My vote...FireTom...two thumbs up.

Really, we have to take mcp's statement of more/less valuable and not only put it in the proper context in which it was made, but keep it in that context.

Of course buttons are going to get pushed in threads dealing with controversial topics like religion, philosophy and politics, it's the nature of the beast as anyone with any experience in internet discussion can tell you.

The "drama" is, in part, what keeps it interesting. smile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Tom, I suggest in future if a post triggers a question you think about starting another thread to discuss that separately!

We all need to avoid getting into popularity contests and analysis of who contributes what to the community. Lets face it: you all fail to deliver in at least one aspect, be it eloquence, speling and grammar, video contributions or hair style.

I like that this thread is still going, as it shows people care about the community, and about NYC. But as the people ultimately responsible for the decisions about who uses this board will not comment on individual and personal cases you're looking for your own fuel for the flames. This gets us nowhere, just increases bitterness and personal negative opinions of each other.

NYC's gone. Last he told me he was done with it anyway, he knows he's got my support if he wants to argue his case, but he's got better things to do. He's married now, he's got a life outside HoP, he's moved on. So, can we move on?

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Well said, Dom.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Dom

NYC's gone. Last he told me he was done with it anyway, he knows he's got my support if he wants to argue his case, but he's got better things to do. He's married now, he's got a life outside HoP, he's moved on. So, can we move on?

And still posts to the NYC Burning Man List.

And it is seriously annoying that he picked a handle that is also the name of the city that we both share. wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
except you're running away wink

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Firetom:

Drew agrees that the banning of NYC is one of the 'biggest' things to happen to hop in it's history.

You stil didn't answer my question. Nice evasion. I didn't say it was a vote. I asked you, what you've done. Yeah, everybody here knows it's less than what NYC has done, so whatever trap you want to not fall into... whatever.

Would I care about you participating in this board? It wouldn't affect me. Since you do nothing for the board, and nothing for the staff internet community in general. No offence, that's just how I view it.

There are some things that you can get from what somebody writes on the internet, weather they be the nicest person you've met in real life ever. It's there in text, like it or not.

And yeah I was trolling, but not for the board, for the mods. I still think it's pretty shocking / immature that they didn't think to tell us that NYC was banned. NYC isn't just anyone. Why would I contact the mods directly? I would have had to talk to the one mod, who I still think has forced her opinion on the rest, and I really don't want to talk to her.

ANd er, who cares about an argument over brit-joe? I can change my mind, and yes, NYC is still better at getting me rattled than you, his wit is much better. That was back when I was still being polite and self-censoring what I really think.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

And yeah I was trolling, but not for the board, for the mods. I still think it's pretty shocking / immature that they didn't think to tell us that NYC was banned. NYC isn't just anyone.

Wait. NYC is just anyone. He was a member. Same as I am and same as you are.

The fact that I'm one of the most senior members of this board doesn't change the fact that I am a member. I am not a mod. I am not an admin. I am a member.

And so, member 298 or 53298, I am a member. And I am "just anyone." Just like you. And just like NYC.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
no offence Mike, bu you aren't 'just a member' just like durbs isn't just a member, he practically has a search function named after him.

Memeber number 57896 or some other random number that has never posted is 'just a member'.

We're a community, some people are members of that, not just of HOP.

Page: ...