Forums > Help! > Congratulations Bristol, you've won a me!

Login/Join to Participate

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I'm coming down on the coach next week, with the plan to look round, try and find a place to live, and a job.. Then hopefully I can nip back up north, and my Daddy's giving me a lift back down with all my stuff..

So.. redface um.. is there any really nice person in the area who would have a spare sofa for a day or two or could act as a sort of 'native guide'?
It's just I don't really know where I'm going, and though there's quite a few house shares and things available, I really don't want to agree to move in somewhere without going to have a proper look.. I'm not sure what areas are good, or dodgy, or hard to get to..

I would really appreciate it! smile And I can buy you a beer or two.. or three..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
your welcome to come crash on our sofas for a bit if you like, our house is kinda crazy though and ill have some [censored] to do for uni, but probably a few free hours to spare somewhere...
o and good decision smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
There's nothing wrong with crazy wink

Um.. I'm probably going to be going down about tuesday or wednesday next week.. would that be ok?

If that's okay with you?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
If you cant cope with the nuclear waste site that is Oli's house we have a slightly smaller (but slightly tidier) place down the road. Welcome to Bristol biggrin

"Don't do it naked!"

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Yay! clap

Glad you decided. You'll be in good hands at the "house o'slack".

Gayle.....!

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
hahahaha Gayle, guess what we just called our new wireless network?

"Don't do it naked!"

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
dunno? gaylord? ubblol

Gayle.....!

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
no, wrong fire troupe for that name.....

"Don't do it naked!"

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
oi ! who said anything about nuclear waste site!? anyway, we were purged the other day, the landlord sent some cleaning ladies round... rolleyes

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
 Written by :sandy/

If you cant cope with the nuclear waste site that is Oli's house we have a slightly smaller (but slightly tidier) place down the road.

Wonderful... A choice between Chenobyl and Baghdad...

You poor poor thing... Hopefully going native with the hippies wont scare you off... Really Bristle's not that bad... We have a few almost civilised folk as well. biggrin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i'm *really* scared if there is a house that is untidier than anywhere sandy lives.....

ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Oi sy! dont make me come up there and break your other leg for ya! besides you havnt a leg to stand on (no pun intended) with the mess your sofa pit has created.

OK, i admit ours has something of a 'lived in' feel about it but we do have a juggling studio biggrin and Tim just tidied cos he finished making his skate ramp so tongue

Oli's isnt normally that bad either TBF, just last time we were round there the floor still had a hangover.

Edit: Rob spank you havnt been to Merlyns house have you?
EDITED_BY: -sandy- (1208527113)

"Don't do it naked!"

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Well.. if you can manage a more chaotic house than the one I stayed in in Brisbane (note to self.. remember to distinguish the 'bane' and 'tol'..)- which for a few days had 14 randoms, 6 residents in a 5 bedroom house.. I wound up in the space under the shed, which I had to share with a bush turkey
ubblol
And thanks everyone for the welcome! *bounce* I'm getting excited now!

If that's okay with you?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Just an update.. Will now def'nitelyt be Wednesday I'm going down, I just found a cheap train ticket and bought it.. wink

I hope to meet lots of ya!

If that's okay with you?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Bleh.. just an update on this- I *thought* I had a house sorted, but they called my back a bit later and said actually, someone else got it.

Which is a bit odd as the ad's turned up again on gumtree this morning, a week later..

And no my mother's poking me with a stick and saying they want the bathroom back to themselves, so.. umm.. is there any chance of a repeat sofa theft? redface

I'll hopefully be a bit better organised this time, and get houses lined up to look at *before* I go down.. so it really should just be a few days..?

I know it's pretty damn cheeky.. And this time I *will* remember to buy beer.

If that's okay with you?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Keeping my fingers x-ed and send you MEGA hug ies...

Hope you find your nest soon. Unfortunately I can't be of much more help a this point.... (looks up "proundly" in the Merriam Webster dictionary wink )

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink