Forums > Help! > windows movie maker

Login/Join to Participate

esmokahSILVER Member
journeyman
75 posts

Posted:
So every time I try and add audio to a movie file i've been working on in WMM it crashes to desktop, no explanation. I've been trying mp3 files and no luck. Anyone else have similar trouble or know of a work around? thanks!

I've never seen a supernova blow up, but if it's anything like my old chevy nova it'll light up the night sky!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Which version are you using?

Goto "Help" at the top, and then "About"

esmokahSILVER Member
journeyman
75 posts

Posted:
Version 5.1, comes with windows xp. I think i had this problem on a previous install of windows now that i think about it.

edit, on the same about window it also says 2.1.4026.0
EDITED_BY: esmokah (1207835697)

I've never seen a supernova blow up, but if it's anything like my old chevy nova it'll light up the night sky!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ok, its the same version as me.

FYI - the 5.1 relates to the build version of Windows Xp. The 2.1 is the version of Windows Movie Maker.

Have you tried reinstalling it?

Try here

smile

edit - after a bit of googling - you might not be able to reinstall it.. :S Try reinstalling and leting us know how you get on smile

esmokahSILVER Member
journeyman
75 posts

Posted:
I'll give it a shot tonight. Someone recommended to check out Sony Vegas and I just got a copy. It looks like I can do a *lot* more with this program.

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I had a LOT of trouble with Windows Movie Maker, too. I had my roommate find me an open source movie program and ran with that okay. Of course, I can't remember what one to tell you about it... but it might just be for the best to retire WMM.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I use WMM and I've discovered that it doesnt like certain mp3s. Try using a different audio file and see if it will accept that. smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I don't know if you use naughty copies or not but if you can get a copy of Adobe Premiere Pro that is probably the all round best. Not that I'm endorsing naughty copies ahem wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian