Forums > Meet Others > poi classes in toronto?!

Login/Join to Participate

lost_sightnewbie
1 post

Posted:
I live in toronto and i want to learn the fire arts like poi, fir breathing,fire stave or fire spinning. I have been trying to find classes with no luck. Is there any classes or people willing to teach me?!??....I have been wanting to learn for a while but angain with no luck....sadly.

mentalyconfusedBRONZE Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
I dunno about poi classes or syuch in Toronto, but I know there are some spinners near Guelph.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Anyplace can be a fireplace, you just need to be persistant enough.

littlefiredancerBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hello!!!

I am a fire twirler and live right in the GTA. I too haven't really found any others like me or willing to explore fire further. I'm a 21 yr old female from Regina Saskatchewan originally and have been spinning for 6 yrs. Send me a PM and tell me about yourself!!! smile

Luna19newbie
2 posts

Posted:
Do you know anyone who would be willing to teach me to spin poi? It would make me so happy to finally find someone.
Im in downtown toronto, 24, female and originally from BC.

Thanks

littlefiredancerBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
I don't really know about any poi teachers here, but I would be willing to teach you or anyone that wants to learn really, the art of staff twirling which I've been doing solid for the last 6 years... I'm also a poi beginner, but I find that another great way to learn is by using the online video tutorials on this website, they are fantastic!!!

I'm looking for some funky Toronto ladies interested in learning or that have already mastered the fire arts to form a troupe in the near future, and I will train a whole new group of beginners if I have to... smile

Kusanaginewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Hi,

I'm in Brampton, ON. I don't know how much of a teacher I could be... I certainly wouldn't mind helping ppl with the poi basics though. *g*

Feel free to PM me

Duct tape is like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side, and it hold the universe together.

meruBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I've been looking for some instruction on poi, too. I'm female, 18 living just outside of Toronto.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Toronton-ians wink

I'll be up in the big TO this coming Saturday, June 7th.

If you want to meet up in a park or some such, we'd love to chill, hang and exchange.

PM me so we can set something up
beerchug

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Shhhnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hello lost spinners of Toronto!

I'm out from the UK for the next few months and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the fire folk...
I'm a staff spinner in need of wick so I'd also be interested in any juggling shops/Spinning centers that could hook me up in the greater T.O area.

Cheers!

We dance for the pure joy of it. In the kitchen to the record player. Because we've got it in us. All over ... it's not just in the legs. It comes from inside and runs all through you. In waves. From down below to up above. All the way to the scalp.

anadecaniniMember
1 post

Posted:
Hi Little Fire Dancer, are you still in Toronto? Are you still willing to train people? I’m very interested. How can I contact you? Thanks, Ana