Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Horizontal Hyperloops/orbitals, can anyone do them?

Login/Join to Participate

dncnewbie
28 posts

Posted:
Ive been playing around with these (and all hyperloops, atm) but my question to the board is... has anyone managed to get in and out of one by going from bottom to top. As when I do them I start with a corkscrew that is unwinding around my body and then tangle like i was doing a airwrap and then change my hands so i do a hyperloop. I still haven't figured out the total theory of the hyperloop but is it possible to come out up top (or has it been done)? Or is it only possible from top to bottom, which i cannot do, although being able to do horizontal airwraps...

Anyway are horizontal/corkscrew hyperloops possible?

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
yes its possible. I can sometimes do them, not cleanly or consistently yet...

To exit the top you have to kind of "pop" the nexus up. A tug upward of the top poi will usually suffice for this and then quickly move your hands into exit position.

I'd recommend just starting with horizontal airwraps bottom to top and get those first. The popping motion is similar and will help you to see the timing. Also... this should probably go in the advanced move forum.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

dncnewbie
28 posts

Posted:
i didn't want to taint the advanced moves... but thats helpful advice thanks...

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
this is worthy of advanced moves.

I'll have to give it a try.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

E_a_g_l_enewbie
14 posts

Posted:
If you can do a simple hyperloop, there is not a problem to do it in horisontal plane. It may be difficult to do it down2up...

P.S. Yeah, it's possible =)