Forums > Help! > Big red shiny flags on March page of HOP calender

Login/Join to Participate

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Just a question, does anyone know where I can get some of the big red shiny flags on the March page of the HOP calender? They're gorgeous and huge, and I don't think they're from the HOP shop.

If you don't have a calender- its these ones...Picure number 10.
calender picture

Please don't suggest I make them myself, despite coming from a crafts background, I've tried making poi in the past with disaterous consequeces, and don't have the time or patience at the moment.

Thanks for your help biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Hi Holly, the person to ask is Gnor - from memory she made them herself (and other stuff) for the Perth crew.

Or of course the definitive answer would be from Dexta (Hana) who submitted the photo.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
George as always has the stick correctly.

Thanks for the compliments. Its a nice wall they are on too Lots of rocks. wink Dexta is such a sweetie and organises our events here that when she admired them and looked so good with them I just had to give them to her. They also glimmer in the sun.

They are made out of red lame (larmay) I can describe how to make them fairly easily but dont have the material here anymore I dont think and also lack sewing enthusiasm at the moment. Even easier with an overlocker. If you have someone closer to you who sews I can describe how.
If you come to visit I sometimes make flags with the people who come ubbrollsmile wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I may well have to take you up on that offer when I come over! Thanks for your help. At the moment, I don't have time to make stuff, but I may do in a month or two, so hopefully then I'll have gained a little more patience!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Come to Perth!

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Gnor also made both of my favorite sets of cone poi and lots of others I loan people at juggle jams and Woodford Circaida. Some have bonded with their borrowers and gone off on adventures so maybe they will turn up in a scenic location near you or a calendar somewhere in the world. Thanks Gnor! hug

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
That sort of thing makes me very happy. Maybe one day i will see a set turn up!

Is it the Truth?