Page: ......
MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Thats right! Poi in the Punt will happen again this year on the earlier date of Saturday 31st May. I have tried to find a date which doesn't clash with anything (much) else to try to get maximum participation and also hopefully a date which will be fixed (i.e. last saturday in May) for the forseeable future.

The day will include a punt trip (funny boat with big stick for those who dont know- see the vid below) on the river cam involving much sillyness and possibly some falling in (yes thats me falling over in the vid redface ).

Theres usually time for a bit of lunch, some spinning in the afternoon followed by a burn and BBQ in the evening. Theres even talk of a tea tasting workshop with a variety of teas all the way from China courtesy of myself and Lazyangel. I'm sure we'll think of a few more as the day approaches too (ideas welcome) biggrin

There will be limited crash space available on the saturday night and if we get a lot of interest we can investigate local campsites to accomodate.

We've had a lot of fun doing PITP the last two years and this year will be no different. Look forward to seeing you there!

I'll post more details as the day approaches. In the mean time I encourage you to post your interest (so we can get an idea of numbers) and take a look at last years vid! weavesmiley

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5598481944275817843

Cheers

Motley and the Cambridge crowd hug

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
wheee I'm getting all excited now my first time in a punt!!! biggrin and yay meeting new people! and yay! sunshine!!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Damn it, plans have changed again. I am a deffinate.
But is it too late to grab crash space for 2 small ones?

Petey, can give you a lift into london on the sunday. Am meeting up with Jen from brissy for a picnic on the sunday afternoon, if you fancy it?

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
frown bad and annoying things have happened and i can't go anymore. Blame selfish people who then try and buy you off cause they feel guilty. frown i was really looking forward to this... grr! oh well, i'll see people at Play.

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:

confirmed
Colfu
LazyAngel
Jelena
Jem
cannotspinfortoffee
Motley
Siege (you MUST come!x)
Rellizate
Simta
Aimee
akgraphics
crazy_andy
thebovrilmonkey
Jo Rhymes
PyroWilly
dazsmith
Sambo_Flux
Bernie_Flame
Fearpig
rin_666
Birgit
Andy Long
baked goodies
pineapple pete
Steaky
+assorted Cambridge University spinny types

maybes
Durbs + some others
PJB21
PJB21's friend
Just_Another_Clow
Mr. Chutney
Look_This_Changes
Mr_Joe
VampyricAcid
Matt_Chez
Daedra

steaks: should be ok... 2 small ones is you and ?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sounds good to me steaky smile

is anybody driving up to cambridge from london, or even brighton that'd be happy to give a petey a lift?

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Hi petey, I will be travelling from London to Cambs, but I don't drive:(...so if anyone is driving I have my hand up...'ooh sir siir/miiiis! can I hitch a lift in a car?'....Otherwise, I'll be getting the train from liverpool street.

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
 Written by :LazyAngel

confirmed
Colfu
LazyAngel
Jelena
Jem
cannotspinfortoffee
Motley
Siege (you MUST come!x)
Viccy
Lolli
Rellizate
Simta
Aimee
akgraphics
crazy_andy
thebovrilmonkey
Jo Rhymes
PyroWilly
dazsmith
Sambo_Flux
Bernie_Flame
Fearpig
rin_666
Birgit
Andy Long
baked goodies
pineapple pete
Steaky

maybes
Durbs + some others
PJB21
PJB21's friend
Just_Another_Clow
Mr. Chutney
Look_This_Changes
Mr_Joe
VampyricAcid
Matt_Chez
Daedra

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sounds good to me jems.. if i cant catch a lift, shall we head up together? do you know how much the train costs?

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me smile

www.thetrainline.com

If you book it today it'll be £27 return, I wouldn't advise buying it on the day, as it's likely to burn a hole in your pockets.

(You can probably pick up your ticket from the station too.)

Let me know, I'll be holding off getting my ticket for now, need to figure out exact times.
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1210438139)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
actually the fastest train is from Kings Cross, it only takes about 50 minutes, but I don't know if you have a special reason to be going from liverpool st.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hm.. ill be catching a lift back with steaks it seems.. but im all up for catching the train there with you.. not too sure about times either smile

hug

edit: on the other hand, checking out the prices for the bus, it works out much more cost effective for me to get to cambridge with national express, so i may go for that option as im on quite a budget.

also, what time in the day does it start, and where exactly is it?

cheers, petey hug

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
The +1 is a friend of mine who spins a little staff, but is qite shy about spinning in front of more experienced spinners/staffers.

Hoping to arrive early afternoon-ish and leave soometime sunday afternoon. Just need to get my car working, insured and taxed now eek
bounce2

Owner of Clarence_Quack

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Right, finally time for some details smile

We will be meeting at The Granta pub at 11:30am. Which is here:14 Newnham Ter, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 9EX: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...=14&iwloc=A

Its not far from the town centre so I would recommend walking from there. Its a bit further from the train station so if anyone needs a lift PM me and I can work something out.

We will not be doing lunch as such but there will be time to grab some food at the pub, or go to a nearby co-op, or bring something along if you want. Baked goodies is coming too but some more snacks and drinks for the punts cant hurt either biggrin

We will leave the pub at around 1pm and head off up the river. This will give people time to go to the shop, drop stuff at Guys house etc before we leave.

Cost wise it will be about £5 each for the punts. BUT this depends on how many people we have in each punt as its an hourly rate per punt, so it could be a bit more or a bit less (probably less if anything cos Guy is a leg-end and is trying to organise a discount for us). We will be going punting even if its raining so if the weather looks a bit iffy bring an umberella!

We'll get back from punting about 4-4:30 I guess so will have a bit of chill out time at Guys, grab some bbq food from a nearby shop and then head down to Grantchester meadows for the evening which will go on as long as people want it to smile

I think that covers everything except to say YAY I can't wait! See you in a couple of weeks hug hug

Motley
EDITED_BY: Motley (1210505513)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Yay. I think I went for lunch in that pub on the sunday with Siege, two-slice and his misses last year, really nice pub.

Also getting the car sorted this week, so am definatly on for driving down bounce2 hug hug hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info, Mot! I might need a lift, will let you know if I do and when I'll get in biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Is that sort of area far enough out to be free of the stupid parking controls?

Parking in Cambridge center was always a nightmare!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! so excited now!!!!!...I can bring baked goodies in the form of gingerbread men if anybody wants some?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Petey, Jem, can now give you a lift up from london on the saturday if you want it. Need to visit Camden before going to Cambrige.
PM me numbers if you want the lifts so we can work out meeting up smile hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Sod it, put me on the definite list wink

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:

confirmed
Colfu
LazyAngel
Jelena
Jem
cannotspinfortoffee
Motley
Siege (you MUST come!x)
Viccy
Lolli
Rellizate
Simta
Aimee
akgraphics
crazy_andy
thebovrilmonkey
Jo Rhymes
PyroWilly
dazsmith
Sambo_Flux
Bernie_Flame
Fearpig
rin_666
Birgit
Andy Long
baked goodies
pineapple pete
Steaky
Mr_Joe

maybes
Durbs + some others
PJB21
PJB21's friend
Just_Another_Clow
Mr. Chutney
Look_This_Changes
VampyricAcid
Matt_Chez
Daedra

Good decision Mr_Joe smile

One thing I forgot to mention in my info post:

Please bring a sleeping bag if you are staying at Guys house as there is limited bed space smile

hug

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Fearpig

Is that sort of area far enough out to be free of the stupid parking controls?

Parking in Cambridge center was always a nightmare!

Yes, if you park near Guys house you are well outside the stupid parking controls and a short walk from The Granta, so win win smile I'll post directions later (at work atm) smile

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Rellizate

Errm yeah I think it is, but you'll have to double check that pig.

Tom, do you reckon me & a possible + 1 can have a lift from the station to the pub?

Thanks.

Yes probably, but I'd rather save car space for people who don't know the area and might need to drop stuff at Guys. So if lots of people are in need of lifts you'll have to walk wink ubbloco

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Birgit

Thanks for the info, Mot! I might need a lift, will let you know if I do and when I'll get in biggrin

No problem, PM coming your way with my mobile number smile

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
steaky that sounds fantastic... anything to save me a few quid biggrin thanks heaps!

hug

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Just a brief update - have just bought a housen (well, flat), and that weekend is when we're meant to be moving in. However I'm not sure if we actually will do anything with it that weekend - which is why i'm still a maybe.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Colfunewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Yo all, I live nr the station, so can meet anyone there and walk into town (it's not that far!!).

Also, I have two double sofabeds if anyone needs sleep space .

Col

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Ooooh that might be incredibly useful! Can I put my name down provisionally for one of them? :P

Colfunewbie
20 posts

Posted:
No worries Mr_Joe.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Dom: about 30 mins I'd say, if you go down bateman street then cut across lammas land

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Rellizate

Yum gingerbreads sounds great. If poss. biggrin

Righto....although my cutters are a little strange which then means I have to decorate them strangely to :P

Page: ......